Silaging in Cheddington, Buckinghamshire.

FW

so what did you think of the show  ::);):D :D i went on wednesday lucky i took my wellies  :D wasnt bad around the ,machines but the forestry stuff was nice and muddy  :D what did you buy ? i bought a claas 577 ares with loader and a manitou keyring well i didnt buy it  ;D:D

I went Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday staying on a mates farm in Upper Chappel up on the moor inbetween Brecon and Builth Wells. I thought the show was very good as ever, spending the majorority of my time around the livestock and shearing areas. As for purchases 8 various McCormick's, UH Deutz K100, new cloathes, Ros Hurlimen, Deutz, Same and Lambo all in dealer boxes. Also bought a Diamond edition on the way home as the McCormick stand didn't have any to sell unfortunatley. Aswell as food and drink everyday so I spent a fair bit, but was well worth it. :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a good time then ,i only went around all the machines and then had a quick look around all the horsey birds stalls  ::);):D and then went down to the forestry stuff  :) i bet we probebly walked past each other  :)

I agree, I rely enjoyed walking through the horsey areas, especially when it was a nice day on Tuesday, just didn't know where to look! :o:D :D Probably did pass eachover......what ever happened to that meet-up? :-\

Yeah we should hav sorted it before we went. As for silaging I managed to get the last 27 acres mowed today, which is about 5 miles of bouncing round narrow lanes to my old house where my Mum's land is from the divorce settlement, but I supposadly have the silage off for my cattle, little do they know that it goes up on the stack the rest. ::) There is also a 4 acre paddock of old boy in the village who see's it as a favour for us to clear his field. ill be tedding it tommorow and then baling on Wednesday all being well and then onto grain cart, (or the Lexion if I'm lucky from Thursday.) So it's going to be a very tiring next few weeks. :)

Nice stuff and make sure you get some pictures up. Got it all tedded today, so now it's already to go back and bale in the morning and the wrapper will be in at about lunchtime so I'll need to get a head start. :);) ;)

will do mate  :);) you will be busy tomorow then  :)

Ahh good. Indeed I will, as I got call this evening saying I'm needed to run some trailers around on the farm whenever I'm finnished now we are on the wheat. :)

• 6 months later...

i cant wait but i got to do these exams first and im not looking foward to those  :D i bet i wont stop after the exams though , are you doing the same amount of acrage this year  :-:)

They're fine mate, can't see why I worried about them. And no you don't Rich.....3 monthes is a nice long summer. Same acreage roughly aging yeah. :);)

i get worried in the nights and by the morning i think well its just like the mocks ,just i GOT to revise for these  :D cant wait 3 months off  :P

did you go/do anything in agri college then ??  :-\

What this year? ???