Model Show, Kinsale, Co. Cork. Sunday September 2nd

SPN

Diecast Heaven are going to host another model show in September. It will be held at the [url=http://www.carlton.ie/kinsale.html]Carlton Hotel in Kinsale Co. Cork.

The hall in this hotel is twice the size of the one in Bunclody, so we want lots more people displaying.

The date hasn't been set, but the second two weekends are out for me is now set for September 2nd.

Who might be interested in travelling and/or displaying?

Brits welcome!  ;)  (Only 20km from Cork Airport, and the Mrs will love the hotel!)

Leo is negotiating a discounted rate for anyone wishing to stay over, but the rooms will need to be booked PDQ once the date has been set.

So nashmach, over to you. which weekend won't suit you at all?   :'( :'( :'(

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :D :D

>:( >:(>:( Damn ten days hols and that's very far down for a one day sojourn so looks like you have me stomached again Stan  >:( >:(>:(

Excellent!

That's another ?20 you owe me FNHIR!

(Of course Nashmach could always fill the back of the Hiace with Strawberries and make it a business trip!  :D :D :D :D )

Oh and as well, the 2nd probably wouldn't be the best date - Cork will be in the All-Ireland hurling Final that day so I'll be in Croker

C0cky aren't we  :D :D

Excellent!

That's another €20 you owe me FNHIR!

(Of course Nashmach could always fill the back of the Hiace with Strawberries and make it a business trip!  :D :D :D :D )

Don't tempt me SPN but I think they will be slightly out of season  ;)

Can't be the last 2 weekends either as it will be Ploughing match time  ;D

Well Guys Leo here from Diecastheaven,

Well i am thinking strong about the 2nd of September if it is going to clash with the All Irelands i am thinking should i move it back a week to the 26th August your feedback is vital to allow me arrange the Hotel and book rooms in time so please tell me what you think

Regards Leo

once agreed i will revert back with what we have planned and what we will be looking for just as a  sample we will look at running Best Diorama and best Custom model Etc,

Well Guys Leo here from Diecastheaven,

Well i am thinking strong about the 2nd of September if it is going to clash with the All Irelands i am thinking should i move it back a week to the 26th August your feedback is vital to allow me arrange the Hotel and book rooms in time so please tell me what you think

Regards Leo

once agreed i will revert back with what we have planned and what we will be looking for just as a  sample we will look at running Best Diorama and best Custom model Etc,

Leo, due to work and lack of holiday days either doesn't suit me - but to be honest I wouldn't go with the All Ireland dates or the weekends near the Ploughing Match either - only problem with August is that the "real" farmers amongst us will probably be at harvest if this weather ever gives up  >:(

Just some thoughts for you ;)

Colm

Well that is what i was thinking but i need to pick a date so i think it will be the 26th August then just have to take the chance it is  works it works if not i will sit in a corner rocking back and forth a crying ha ha! well, i will see how the hotel is fixed for that date then

Regards Leo

PS what do you think of the Competion ideas

For the competition how about:

Best Diorama (both for construction and farming)

Maybe in the farming have best tractor conversion and best implement conversion

I suppose the number of categories will depend on the sponsorship available for prizes ;)

PS when is the Waterford one on - as I HOPE to get to that ???

well this is the feed back we need well good thinking and we will look into this more, well i have nothing to do with the waterford show but i know that nither Paul or Stan or myself will be dispalying at this show, but if you ask Michael he might be still doing it

regards Leo

well this is the feed back we need well good thinking and we will look into this more, well i have nothing to do with the waterford show but i know that nither Paul or Stan or myself will be dispalying at this show, but if you ask Michael he might be still doing it

regards Leo

Ah no bother Leo - if I think of anything else I'll let you know - I'm sure SPN will probably disagree with me anyway  :D

Must go and see this famous Valtra T that you sold to James soon as he's still going on about it  :D :D

Just to let yiz know, the date is now fixed for September 2nd - All Ireland Final Day.

Shur the Cork people will need something to do that day .........  while Waterford play Kilkenny off the field in Croke Park!  :D

Just to let yiz know, the date is now fixed for September 2nd - All Ireland Final Day.

Shur the Cork people will need something to do that day .........   while Waterford play Kilkenny off the field in Croke Park!   :D

Give the langers 2 weeks SPN and they will be crying  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Shur the Cork people will need something to do that day .........   while Waterford play Kilkenny off the field in Croke Park!   :D

Well if they get through this weekend they'll have a good chance Stan but they'll find it hard to stop Shefflin and co. ;)

Well Guys i hope all club members got their Newsletters and if any one who would like to attend the show but is not yet a club member please contact me as we need your returns for the Compititions by the 20th Aug and also tabel confirmations,

Rooms are held too so please book early

Regards ICN

leo@diecastheaven.net

• 2 weeks later...

well tought it was about time i returned to the forum.. and looks like i found an interestin thread too. show in cork- wahhheeyy ;D  and leo says something about a club, ?? good to hear, how do i become a member..??

To become a member, [url=http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=521]send Leo a PM and he'll give you the details (that goes for you too FNHIR - Hanna hasn't received your email)

There will also be three 1:32 competitions:

- Best scratch built or modified tractor

- Best scratch built or modified implement

- Best diorama.

First, second and third prizes in each category.

There will also be competitions for those 'orrible little 1:50th things, but we won't lower the tone of FTF by discussing those!  8)

Tables still available for those who want to display their collections - [url=http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=521]send Leo a PM if you want to know more.