what was/is your favorite tractor to drive ever

massey man

Never driven but been in it would have to be a John Deere 6900 for me  :)

You MUST come and see me in the holidays Nick... We'll get you driving allsorts mate...

For me... I guess it must be my Fanny really (MF410)... nothing like the feeling of driving your own tracca  ;D

You MUST come and see me in the holidays Nick... We'll get you driving allsorts mate...

For me... I guess it must be my Fanny really (MF410)... nothing like the feeling of driving your own tracca  ;D

Be there like a squirrel mate  :D Sorting out with my cousins at the moment for a week i can stay with them and then arrange a day or two to meet up if thats alright  :) :)

Well Mine would have to be the David brown 1210 1410 1212 1412.Not because im a true DB fan but because they are my favorite to drive Why?

Well i have drove several makes including fords masseys ursus ect..My impresions of fords are simple but crued machines Masseys good tractors but not much traction Ursus nuf siad.Ha!

My first drive out of a Hydra shift David Brown was a Mk1 Q cabed 1212 the tractor had bad brake cylinders so not much brakes and the clutch was set wrong and needed to be adjusted so it had to be pumped 3 times to get the tractor to stop ect..

But the hydra shift was beatifull to use when on the road with the 3 clutch less gear changes with 12F 4R gears and the Hydra static steering was also great!The same goes for the 1412 with the added turbine whisle what a great sound.

The 1210 and 1410 came with a 12F 4R syncromesh gearbox with a smooth gear change between 2nd and 3rd like a car you can also take of in first with a smooth change up through the gears.

I love any tipe of 12 and 14s DBs and the same goes for any other DB but not so much for the VAK1 to the crop master. ;)

I love any tipe of 12 and 14s DBs and the same goes for any other DB but not so much for the VAK1 to the crop master. ;)

There's nothing quite like the offset, tight legged driving position of a cropmaster. Especially when you cant reach the throttle for the passengers legs, when the passenger is a female its a bonus.

I love driving my yellow tractor - it's great up our steep fields, and as Marky says you can't beat driving your own. But, I'd certainly like to try driving any of the pretty ones... especially an old 135... (I suspect that my Wilomena is so primitive I would probably feel more at home in a classic tractor  :-\)

Got to of been a JD 4055 on a g-plate when i was 17 working on a farm with a ford 3000 with a 3 ton weeks in the morning then hauling dung in the afternoon with the neighbours 4055 with 10 ton norton trailer  :D :D :D

best of 3 ?

massey 699

fendt 612

deutz 6.30

although the county 1184 was good to terrorize other road users , as was the 1174 Fc :D :D

JD 4055 just an awsome tractor ,

DB's are also nice , especialy the 1210 i once used they seemed to have touch sensitive stearing , just the slightest thought of moveing the wheel & you'd be weaving all over the place to keep it straight  :D :D

& of course i cant forget the zetor 14145 , beast of a tractor kitted out with lo-profile mich's & little in the way of brakes , not a great drive , but with no brakes it was certainly an experience doing roadwork  ;)