LITTLE CHICKENS!!!

Lady Ferguson

The Red Dorking chicks needed Poultry Club of GB rings put on their feet today - a job I love (apart from when I put my hands in chicken poo that is!) because it involves scrabbling around in their pen and grabbing them! They are dead cute as well:-*:

PS (Sorry if your fed up with pics of me this week, but you can see who does all the work around here!)

Picture049.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture047.jpg

you have been busy mandy,do you show them at the cornwall show or local shows then??

No, we don't show them. My hubby is only interested in re-establishing the breed, as it is on the Rare Breeds Survival Trusts endangered list and is one of the oldest British breeds. Other people have bought them and shown them however, and they've seem to be very successful with them. And I have no interest at all in poultry, really, but as hubby is slightly disabled, I don't mind helping out with the husbandry side :)

Fair enough  :'(

How many chickens do you have Mrs Ladyfarmer  ???

and who builds the pens  ???

I think there are about 40-50 adult birds, and the youngsters in the pic.

My wonderful brother-in-law does the majority of carpentry and building work at Trelusback Farm.

Holiday Noel ???

What's one of those ;)

POOR MANDY - you have been neglected ha ha!  ;)

The simplest way to explain what a holiday is - well i took it from Wikipedia  :D  :D  ;D

The word holiday has related but different meanings in English-speaking countries. Based on the words holy and day, holidays originally represented special religious days. This word has evolved in general usage to mean any special day of rest (as opposed to regular days of rest such as the weekend).

In the English-speaking world a holiday can mean a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation (e.g. "I'm going on holiday to Malta next week"), the North American equivalent is "vacation". Many Canadians will use the terms vacation and holiday interchangeably when referring to a trip away from home or time off work. In Australia the term can refer to a vacation or gazetted public holiday, but not to a day of commemoration such as Mothers' Day or Halloween.

In all of the English-speaking world, a holiday can be a day set aside by a nation or culture (in some cases, multiple nations and cultures) typically for celebration but sometimes for some other kind of special culture-wide (or national) observance or activity. A holiday can also be a special day on which school and/or offices are closed, such as Labor Day.

When translated from/to other languages, the meanings of the word "holiday" may be conflated with these of "observance" and "celebration".

Nope... still not a familiar word Noel, darling.... think I went to Cyprus 7 years ago, but forgotten what that was like. Besides, I'd miss you lot if I went on holiday :-*

:'(  :'(  :'( ha ha!

I had a holiday booked at start of June to the Canaries, but lucky me got food poision and if that wan't bad enough a damn virus as well!!! Off work for nearly a month and vitamin shots in rear end. Fingers crossed i get money back from insurance company as i've just booked another holiday in september!

:'(  :'(  :'( ha ha!

I had a holiday booked at start of June to the Canaries, but lucky me got food poision and if that wan't bad enough a damn virus as well!!! Off work for nearly a month and vitamin shots in rear end. Fingers crossed i get money back from insurance company as i've just booked another holiday in september!

You poor thing! Good luck for September then!

it sounds to me that your more in need of a holiday than i am!!!

Im only going to keep the girlfriend happy, shes loves the sun, though id rather spend the money on UH Models ha ha!

i guess its a thing called COMPROMISE ha ha!

it sounds to me that your more in need of a holiday than i am!!!

Im only going to keep the girlfriend happy, shes loves the sun, though id rather spend the money on UH Models ha ha!

i guess its a thing called COMPROMISE ha ha!

Yep... that's the word they like us to use for doing as we are told Noel  ;):D :D

have you any other breeds there mandy ?  appart from 1000 red warrens  at the farm we kaept bufforpingtons & silky bantams home here , the buffs are a beautifull bird  :)

We used to have several breeds, Silver Grey Dorkings, Derbyshire Redcaps, Japanese Bantams (they were excellent broodies) and Wellsummers, but now hubby works with the RBST on the Red Dorkings it's easier just keep the one breed.