maxxum 5150 under pressure!!!!

smish

my mate that drives the volvo hauling sand got these pics for me the other day.

the guy that owns this set up has his own sand pit and he hauls in to the local concrete plant with a 05 fastrac 3220 and this 25 tonne NC dump trailer and the maxxum 5150 and a NC 20 tonne trailer.

however, the other day the 3220 gave up on the side of the road, suspected back end problem, so the 5150 was brought in to tip the load and bring the trailer back. the poor little thing was hardly noticeable in front of the trailer.my mate was behind him going onto the weighbridge an he grossed 36 tonnes!!!!

the guy said with the fastrac it usually grosses 39-40 tonnes!!!!

enjoy the pics!!!

post-276-132638621942_thumb.jpg

post-276-13263862195_thumb.jpg

yea i think its tongue has gone back into its mouth.

he was running road tyres on the back of the maxxum but remember someone sayin that it mad it awful harsh and rough on the road,so i seee he has a new set of radials on her now so the roadies musnt have paid off.

Go down to Nashmachs', borrow the 14x30s off his 4610, throw them on your 4600, ballast the backend County style, and away you go!

Show the Maxxum what a real tractor can do!

that would look sweet alright stan,i could put a tank out the front of the 4600 for all the extra hydraulic oil the back end would need to tip that trailer!!! would help keep the front of her down as well!!!!

must get a pic of it some day on the fsstrac, its a lovely outfit

that would look sweet alright stan,i could put a tank out the front of the 4600 for all the extra hydraulic oil the back end would need to tip that trailer!!! would help keep the front of her down as well!!!!

must get a pic of it some day on the fsstrac, its a lovely outfit

I did think of that after posting! Maybe a big Dowty pump running off the crankshaft would do the trick! ha ha!!

Not sure she'd need extra weights though. Those trip-axles shouldn't tx more than 8-10 tonnes to the drawbar (hence the ballast suggestion - so the brakes work ha ha!! )

I did think of that after posting! Maybe a big Dowty pump running off the crankshaft would do the trick! ha ha!!

Not sure she'd need extra weights though. Those trip-axles shouldn't tx more than 8-10 tonnes to the drawbar (hence the ballast suggestion - so the brakes work ha ha!! )

Isn't that a lot of weight to put on a drawbar. What would the limit be on a tractor of that size, bearing in mind that it's still pulling the trailer with a hitch hook; probably still the same size as a grey Fergy had.  :o

With three axles and that sort of weight; it's a wonder it even goes round corners. I'd imagine it would try to steer the tractor. Just imagine that weight at 40kph and an inexperienced 16 year old at the wheel. Presumably they are still allowed to drive tractors like that on a normal tractor license.  Scary  :o

Isn't that a lot of weight to put on a drawbar. What would the limit be on a tractor of that size, bearing in mind that it's still pulling the trailer with a hitch hook; probably still the same size as a grey Fergy had.  :o

With three axles and that sort of weight; it's a wonder it even goes round corners. I'd imagine it would try to steer the tractor. Just imagine that weight at 40kph and an inexperienced 16 year old at the wheel. Presumably they are still allowed to drive tractors like that on a normal tractor license.  Scary  :o

Tractor's yes, but total weight's of up to 24,950 kgs. ;)