Help with Britains JD4020

BGU

Question

19 answers to this question

serious answer.....sledge hammer, SPN has one ;)::)

i dont know, F-P will know!

I post on here for a serious answer!!! And get some Mod who just want's to increase his post count interfering!!!!!  :D :D :D :D

Please bring back spell check!!!!

I post on here for a serious answer!!! And get some Mod who just want's to increase his post count interfering!!!!!  :D :D :D :D

Please bring back spell check!!!!

Drill the rivet-out underneath the steering block and hey presto. ;)

Drill the rivet-out underneath the steering block and hey presto. ;)

Though the thing is Kev, if you only want to replace the exhaust and ir filter you're probably best just cleaning up the original holes and push-in the new parts with a bit of glue on the end, because the bonnet will always be loose unless you glue that cak on, but you'll still see the drill holes. So I'd be more inclined to leave the bonnet on. ;)

Drill!!!! I was hoping it would be a bit easier than that!!! How do you fix it back on again then?

Just seen your other post. I will try that first!!

I would mate......much tidier job. ;)

only way i know of without breaking the bonnet arround the dash area is as fw said , very fine drill pop the rivet out, and glue it back on after, i know what you mean about the air filterm, they are actually screw on from underneath, as i found out by accident, need to replace one on mine at some point

What about the exhaust? that won't be easy to drill out as it is oval??

Don't drill it just get it clean enough to firmly push the new one in. Try filing it or just even a small screwdriver will do the trick and just get the old plastic out the way. ;)

What about the exhaust? that won't be easy to drill out as it is oval??

have you now got an oval Drill  ??? ???............................ :D :D :D :D ::)

Stick to Wills idea, leave drilling as a last resort :)

have you now got an oval Drill  ??? ???............................ :D :D :D :D ::)

Stick to Wills idea, leave drilling as a last resort :)

Square one's are far more effective Ben. ;)::) ::)

the exhaust is a screw fixing to i think from underneath kev, you can get the bonnet to tip upwards if you gently prise it front the front above the metal work, but watch the dash area as you tilt it, tends to break it arround there

Yeah try that and if you do break it I'll send you another as I have two of them which are of no use to me. ;)

just 2 oh deere i have about 8 lying arround all no good, the air filters fell of but the exhausts are still in place

Air filters and exhausts I keep, but that's it. ;)