mchail 998

batcher

been busy this week trying to catch up before the weather broke again this was last night just before it started raining again still it was a early finish back in the yard at 2 30 am this morn (was 6am tues morn still i had 4 hrs over the steering wheel not recomended)

and a request please does anyone have any pics of the sponge for oiling the cutter arm ?

we are trying at the moment to slow down the cutter arm with a restricter valve

SUNP0003-23.jpg

SUNP0005-20.jpg

SUNP0004-23.jpg

SUNP0001-25.jpg

following the 185 and class 2100

SUNP0006-22.jpg

Stevo,

Here are some pictures of the sponges on the cutter arm on our 998 at work, they need to soaked in water every 4 hours or so I think to keep them moist, probably not a problem at the moment with all this wet weather!  Hope they help!

Pete

sponge1.jpg

sponge2.jpg

Stevo,

Here are some pictures of the sponges on the cutter arm on our 998 at work, they need to soaked in water every 4 hours or so I think to keep them moist, probably not a problem at the moment with all this wet weather!  Hope they help!

Pete

whys that then ??? ??? :-\, surely something like that should have been in the design of the wrapper? :-\ :-\

whys that then ??? ??? :-\, surely something like that should have been in the design of the wrapper? :-\ :-\

Heard the other day that they are working on sorting out the problem .Something to do with the coating on the arms the old one we had wasent so much of a problem till she got a few seasons under her belt ? but the wrap we use nowdays isn't as good as a few years ago.

Many thanks pete . We normally grease the arms when they need it . But we are trying to slow the arms cumming down friction seems to be the prob and also i have noticed the film resedue left behind is not good green film seems to be worse  :)

more pics from today we could not get the bails out of the field without tearing the wrap so they brought them to me (they were bailed thurs afternoon) and was too wet fri to wrap but 2 loads were put on a trailers the other 80 odd are under 2 feet of water they will be scraped  :o

getting to the job was fun

SUNP0028-5.jpg

SUNP0027-6.jpg

SUNP0029-5.jpg

SUNP0030-5.jpg

and in the yard it was all go

SUNP0036-3.jpg

matbro feeding me jcb stacking

SUNP0034-3.jpg

[imghttp://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/batcher/SUNP0037-2.jpg]http://

and me stuck in the middle  ;D

SUNP0038-2.jpg

SUNP0035-3.jpg

i would love to drive through all that water  ;D was that a main road  :-\ you would have to be careful were your drivin with ditches etc :-\ ???

Like this  ::)

SUNP0053.jpg

SUNP0054.jpg

should point out that someware is the front wheel  ::)

where i went through the water was a main road between coleshill and highworth on the hill yes it was at the lowest point .And i did have to watch out for the ditch there was a car abandoned in the middle of the road ( i did get water over the bonnet tho  ::)

we just finished and the hevans opened again

the wheels are for round bails not that we have ever used them but if the hs2000 goes down we have options  :)

this is the only farm that lost some (under 2 feet of water)

Why do you need to use sponges on the cutting arms?

What speed do you run the pto at when wrapping?

Why not just reduce your pto rpm if you need to slow the arms down. You will restrict your performance if you slow them down too much.

Why do you need to use sponges on the cutting arms?

What speed do you run the pto at when wrapping?

Why not just reduce your pto rpm if you need to slow the arms down. You will restrict your performance if you slow them down too much.

Manly to keep the cutting arm damp so the friction on the wrap does not tear (otherwise you have to keep tying it back on) and after 20 times one gets really pi**ed off

pto speed is 650 rpm

If you start to slow things down too much it will effect the preformance greaty and the output .when you are faced with 300  bails at an average of 40 50 hr when working properly .You can soon get down to 20 bails hr very easy  ::)

Manly to keep the cutting arm damp so the friction on the wrap does not tear (otherwise you have to keep tying it back on) and after 20 times one gets really pi**ed off

pto speed is 650 rpm

If you start to slow things down too much it will effect the preformance greaty and the output .when you are faced with 300  bails at an average of 40 50 hr when working properly .You can soon get down to 20 bails hr very easy  ::)

Well I used to manage about 100 per hour when going was good and only running about 500 rpm at the pto. We never had a problem with the arm speed and used to run in 1000 gear box to reduce fuel consumption.