siku limiteds

Tractorman810

just recived my siku profiteam 936, very nice model it is to, but i was wondering why dont siku number thier limited editions like uh do?? i dont have tio many of them i must say, but are all the limited  ones they do un-numbered??

makes the limited more appealing and confirms that their wont be any more in the future if you see what i mean

i see what you mean rob but they ain't strictly limiteds are they, i mean 9999 of the silver jd's aint rare are they,and i thought i read 9999 of the silver fendts to, but 1500 say black beautys or 2500 red 936's ect ect are to some extent, the yellow piper 924 as well only 1500 of them, most uhs are numbered ,and rarely go over 1500 unless its a dealer version

i guess most are runs of 1500 no matter what model it is to

The minum that they will look at is 1000 models, im looking at getting one done, not sure yet tho, there has been a Club siku NZ ltd model done, for sale in nz only but its 1000 edition, few 2 many for 4million people i think, 2500 world wide isnt to much, by the time it gets to nz its rare as......

I have been told that Siku limited edition tractors that are available on general sale here in the U.K are in fact what used to be the 'Farmer Series' in the silver box contained in the perspex case on plinth. These tractors have been given slightly more detail, mostly graphics and the farmer series that were in these boxes have been dropped. These tractors, although not being numbered individually, the number produced is printed on the top front right hand side and rear top left hand side of the box. These are now being named 'Year' tractors.

I have been told that Siku limited edition tractors that are available on general sale here in the U.K are in fact what used to be the 'Farmer Series' in the silver box contained in the perspex case on plinth. These tractors have been given slightly more detail, mostly graphics and the farmer series that were in these boxes have been dropped. These tractors, although not being numbered individually, the number produced is printed on the top front right hand side and rear top left hand side of the box. These are now being named 'Year' tractors.

My 2007 year Fendt 936 is numbered on the bottom of the tractor and the 936 was never a farmer plus model even though it comes in the same box ???

really, dont remember seeing a red fendt or black beauty on general release in germany, or a silver jd , i know the farmer plus had the case and base with extra detail ,but they were standard green.the red 936 doesnt have any number printed on the box either from what i can see,infact i dont remember any of them having that other than the recent mf from memory

Siku make far too many limited edition tractors.....   With no proof of the actual amount produced....... With no numbering, which can't be that expensive to do bearing in mind most limited editions sell for at least 250% more than the original release of the model did....... A good way to recoup development costs at the serious collectors expense..... Think about it, First edition Fendt 936 ?30, official release ?15, Black beuty ?100, silver year tractor ?30.... How many others are there all from the same set of castings??

Needless to say I have stopped collecting most limited editions.......

Siku make far too many limited edition tractors.....   With no proof of the actual amount produced....... With no numbering, which can't be that expensive to do bearing in mind most limited editions sell for at least 250% more than the original release of the model did....... A good way to recoup development costs at the serious collectors expense..... Think about it, First edition Fendt 936 ?30, official release ?15, Black beuty ?100, silver year tractor ?30.... How many others are there all from the same set of castings??

Needless to say I have stopped collecting most limited editions.......

thats my point jas, no real proof, i am surprised that manfried wise does them un-numbered givern uh do them for him for one, you cant really say its limited when they could just do another 1000 because the first sold well can you, if they were numbered you have some sort of proof

Weren't there supposed to be 3000 Fendt black beauty's??

Where are they all then??  ???

not sure on numbers but i think most were givern to dealers famillys ect at first wernt they?? thats why you dont see to many arround ,any left over got sold to dealers ect  i know the ebay ones get good money when they do come up thats for sure

I suppose you could put some of the Britain's ones in the same catagory, speaking of 'dealer' editions as these were supposed to be 'limited'. I know the Ertl side still do these in the U.S but here in the U.K sales were so small that dealer boxes have been dropped to my knowledge.

I suppose you could put some of the Britain's ones in the same catagory, speaking of 'dealer' editions as these were supposed to be 'limited'. I know the Ertl side still do these in the U.S but here in the U.K sales were so small that dealer boxes have been dropped to my knowledge.

I never knew these were limited editions, what numbers of each were supposedly produced then??

I never knew these were limited editions, what numbers of each were supposedly produced then??

new one on me to, uh dealer boxes are unlimited, as the dealer gets them as and when, i would asume the britains ones are the same, i cant see the dealers being to impressed if rc2 turned round and said you can only have 1000 of those thats your lot :D :D

back to topic about skiu now, i have sent them a question/ complaint via their contac message  on the website, if they reply i will post the responce up

very much doubt they will though