1957 Massey Ferguson Product Guide - and interesting read for us oldies

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marky

Really nice to see brochures getting some publicity. I've got all these, but it's been a while since I saw them. It also makes me appreciate them a little bit more.

Regards

Rory

Thanks Rory... they are so good they just have to be shared I reckon  :) - I look at mine regularly... gives me a "warm glow" everytime I read them... and I never seem to get bored of them either  :-[ - sad... but true  :D :D :-[

You old shark, shafting me like that on eBay. I can see Classic Tractor's MF coverage taking a hit after this. A ban on everything red and grey for six months as punishment for your naughty behaviour to the impoverished editor who can only manage bids of 8 notes each for the Belgian MF brochures.

You old shark, shafting me like that on eBay. I can see Classic Tractor's MF coverage taking a hit after this. A ban on everything red and grey for six months as punishment for your naughty behaviour to the impoverished editor who can only manage bids of 8 notes each for the Belgian MF brochures.

Excellent News!

I thought the latest issue was the bestestestest ever, but the thought of 6 months of a CT free of gammy red things is just awesome!

Well done Marky!  ;)

(ps: Rory, about that Fendt Black Beauty ........................  :P )

SPN,

Yeah, fraid old Marky shot himself in the foot when he outbid me on those rare MF brochures....

Reference the Fendt Black Beauty, Ricky from Nth Ireland bought it from me and should have it today after sending me a cheque in double quick time. I've re-invested the proceeds, plus a little more, in a Britains/Ertl JD 8630 Plow City, Siku JD 7530, Britains JD 9880i combine and Britains JD 840i sprayer. Ordered them from G&M yesterday so hopefully will have them this week. As you can tell I like my Deeres.

Regards

Rory

Hello Graeme.... best thing to do is send it to me for closer inspection  ;D - seriously... I'm not sure... but I have some from the same era back home... I'll check the date code and come back to you... my guess.... 1950 ish ...

Rory...  :-[ - what can I say... well.... sorry really I guess  :-[ - I hope this won't effect your coverage of The old red & greys in future issues... in fact.... having given your threat some thought I intend to complain to the Editor.. oh... er.... well..... you mum then  >:(

Hey.... just a thought... how about a feature on me and my collection in said magazine... I am quite REALLY photogenic as well.... although... upon reflection... I really can't handle the offers of TV work, fete openings etc. that will inevitably follow as a result....

Anyway... what do you mean imporverished... my eye - I've seen that Aston Martin you bring to Spalding each year  ;) - I parked next to you... (I was on the blue tricycle with the MF flag flying from the shopping basket)  ;D

• 2 months later...

hey my ole man has that 35x 65 brochure somewhere, he has a scrap book from when he was a kid with that stuff (so do i, i cut up thousands of valuable brochure to make it :'( if only i knew).........

......worth 100 pounds huh, ha ha!.......could stop work for a month

;D

• 3 years later...