A Few pics from Dorset

MDFord

Heres just a few pics from Dorset Steam Fair yesterday. In the 2nd pic she tried pulling the truck & locomotive up the slope single handed, lovely sight and sounds but eventually her wheels began to slip and that was that :)

post-764-132638644405_thumb.jpg

post-764-132638644409_thumb.jpg

The DB looks in very good condition.

Was the Train a special event this year?

No BGU for the last few years there has been a different locomotive used as one of the heavy haulage loads.

Heres ones from the last couple of years.

post-764-132638644452_thumb.jpg

post-764-132638644455_thumb.jpg

That Allely's outfit was there last year too, I posted almost the same photo's!! It's amazing whatching these old iron horses pulling this sort of wieght uphill, the noise, the smell. .. . just superb entertainment with a jug of cider in one hand of course!!

Shame I couldn't have made it  :(

That Allely's outfit was there last year too, I posted almost the same photo's!! It's amazing whatching these old iron horses pulling this sort of wieght uphill, the noise, the smell. .. . just superb entertainment with a jug of cider in one hand of course!!

Shame I couldn't have made it   :(

It certainly is a great event to attend Tris, great atmosphere and plenty of interesting sights.

I wonder how compacted the ground gets in the heavy haulage area after they've finished?