Massey 3095 Query......

NewHolland2

Now that I've been allocated the 3095 as pretty much "my tractor at work" I've decided it's time to fix a couple of it's niggly problems......So here's the first......To anyone who's ever driven a 3095 or model of a similar cab design under the steering wheel there is a row of buttons (Hazard Lights, Worklamps, Beacon)......None of these seem to work on mine which isn't great when I'm working in the dark......Could this just be a blown fuse or something more serious......Any ideas......

Thanks......

Many tractors of this sort of age have light problems as you see and can be down to many problems to include poor wiring or a bad earth, however both of which are less likely to be the case. Firstly, you should find your fuse panel, check in the manuel that they are the right fuses and that the fuses havn't blown. If they are all good, then take light covers off all the problem areas one-by-one, checking the filiment in the bulbs are in-tact, and also clean the connections in-case they have corroded. Have you got break lights of nothing? Reason I know a fair bit about them is I sorted out my Maxxum last month, after trying to bring a load of bales home one evening only on a beacon and headlights. ::);):)

Guest Powerdozer

I had a 3095 Dynashift for harvest this year when helping someone out not a bad tractor very simple and well capable of pulling a 14 tonne grain trailer up the side of A303, i would have a little look at the fuses and check the wiring on the back if the problem is not found resort to handbook or ring dealer.

I'd follow Wills advice myself Martin, start with checking the fuses and then the earths to all the switches. Get yourself a simple wiring tester, something like a small bulb and two bits of wire is a good way, if the bulb lights you know power is getting to the switch. If you know any independant engineers around your way, ask their advice as they will tell you things a main dealer won't, I learnt a long while ago not to ring the main dealer first for that reason on older kit, they will also want to charge ?60+ an hour to do any work on it ::)

Thanks folks...... :)

I've got break lights, headlights and sidelights Will it's just the hazards, beacon and worklamps that won't come on......

The boss doesn't know either......He's replaced the beacon switch a while back thinking it may have just been the switch but still no luck......

Will see if I can get my hands on the manual this weekend......

Will these switches just pull out from the dash...... ???

I've got break lights, headlights and sidelights Will it's just the hazards, beacon and worklamps that won't come on......

The boss doesn't know either......He's replaced the beacon switch a while back thinking it may have just been the switch but still no luck......

Its a massey just touch them and i spec there fall out  :D :Dif not lever them out gentle with a small flat head screwdriver top and bottom  ;) ;) ;)

In which case I'd say it's simply fuse related, as it shows you have an earth established. ;)

My brother is a fully trained mecanic and he has worked with most of the local dealers now i remember him saying to my father about the 390 theres a bulb and if it blows all the electrics go on the dash so it must be replaced so id say ur best checking all the bulbs in and around the inside of the cab.

Firstly check to see if it is okay with your leader to check out the problem. Then check all the light fuses (right hand side of the dash I think) remember that the work lights will only work if the main lights are turned on. If the fuses are okay, probably already checked bulbs, but as already said check to see if you already have power at the light (a good idea is to earth to the main body,something shiney, rather than the cab as the cab earth may have corroded). If no power at the light then check to see if any power at the switch. If there is power at the switch in and out there is a break somewhere, probably in a multiplug under the cab that will be corroded as I have seen this before. Hope that this helps....Remember, if you don't really know what you are doing ask somebody that does.