Farmer Nick's worst nightmare has become a dream

farmernick06

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the kind comments

Im not sure what hes planting to be honest, it has been mentioned over the field that they've got a field of carrots so wouldn't suprise me  :)

Simon - Shaddup  :D

And i've got a few actually Jas, someone must of seen me getting some close ups as they put metal fences all around the next day, i'll get them up in a tick  ;)

:D :D It's a NH Nick  :D :D

And is that the blue thing  :-\ All i know is it had a big roller on the back? Is that what is called a rotary plough then  :-\ :-\

Yeah mate its a immants rotary plough, ment to be full one pass cultivation, you are ment to be able to drive in to a grass paddock and leave with it ready to drill or drilled if you have a seeder on it

Whith reguards to the drill on that machine im wondering if its fert not seed, other wise its getting put in fairly deep , i could be wrong tho

Yeah mate its a immants rotary plough, ment to be full one pass cultivation, you are ment to be able to drive in to a grass paddock and leave with it ready to drill or drilled if you have a seeder on it

Whith reguards to the drill on that machine im wondering if its fert not seed, other wise its getting put in fairly deep , i could be wrong tho

Oh right, yeah it's an impressive machine apart from snapping  :D I think it is is fert too  ;)

Do you know what broke? im looking at buying one in the near future so im intrested in any info that people can give me on these

I think the back roller and whatevers before that got jammed, you could hear the motor start but a jamming sound. I think it was that but it looks a hell of a good machine  ;)

They are worth NZD $ 70,000 Not cheap for one implament, but when you add up buying all the cultivation gear its cheap, they say you only need 100hp to run it but you need a 160hp range tractor to lift it ???

I plan on using a 140hp ( spannred) JD4240 witch can lift around 7ton on mine, im waiting on one to come down for a demo and check out how the 42 handles it

i worked it out on a converter and its ?26,000  :-\ so its not to bad isit  :-\ ???

26,000 pounds on 1 implament, hard to say, i recon its up there for the time priod you can use it for, a good low hr second hand tractor is the same price tho

As Jason requested some pictures of the vast amount of implements and trailers 'for sale', im not quite sure yet although the irrigators all had for sale stickers on them  :-\ Sorry i would of got closer but there were pickers and irrigation guys milling around everywhere. The next day they put metal fences around it all  :o

Just a few of the irrigation pipes

IMG_2987.jpg

Knight spraying combination, i really like this

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2989.jpg

Bed former

IMG_2990.jpg

Thing

IMG_2991.jpg

Some pipe trailers for the irrigation units

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

Some packing trailers and curtain sides

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

Various implements

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

No tractors Nick for sale ???

Im not quite sure whats happened with those mate, the last time i saw them they were all in the machinery shed all together so they are probably being stored in there for the time being, presuming they're being sold. A  great shame as they had a few nice pieces in there  :-\

Thanks Ben, yeah it is .. end of an era really  :( But times change, thats life. And i did actually get you them! ... Once  :D They're in my notepad but god knows where that is  :-\ :-*:D

do you think they will have any self propeled sprayers there ???8)

This is a real beauty, a Knight self propelled sprayer. Last i saw of it was in the machinery shed along with the tractors. So again im not sure whats happening with it. They also have an older bateman, again a nice little beauty and that was working just the other day  ;)

post-770-132638659674_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638659678_thumb.jpg

tvt nice pics

when is the farm sale

are you in kent

Thanks buddy, im a Kent lad thats right just outside Gravesend to be precise. Are you from Kent to?

Not sure when the sale is, really want to go if it is a sale. A chance to meet a few of the local farmers and would be good to have a proper look round  :)