ISLE OF SKYE HOTEL PERTH - 12 / 13 APRIL 2008

BC

I know its a while away but I see from G&M website they are coming to Perth along with the Old 20 parts company and Classic Tractor (books & videos). I looking forward to going down and oh the Isle of Skye hotel offers an excellent all day carvery!!!

I know its a while away but I see from G&M website they are coming to Perth along with the Old 20 parts company and Classic Tractor (books & videos). I looking forward to going down and oh the Isle of Syke hotel offers an excellent all day carvery!!!

This is one show I usually attend so I might well see you mate..... :)

This is one show I usually attend so I might well see you mate..... :)

Yes that would be good NH2. Hopefully there could  be quite a few Scottish forum members attending since Perth is a really good central location.

Thanks for the heads up, Bill.  I hope to make it along.

Perth is a really good central Scottish location so I would expect a good turnout certainly there was when I was down when they held this at the back end of the year in 2004 and 2005.

• 4 months later...

I'm planning be at Perth for most of the day on the Saturday. Going down and staying at Kinross and then heading to the Border Fine Art event at the Posthorn Castle Douglas on the Sunday. Oh and on holiday the following week so looking forward to that too.

I was wondering if any other FTF members were thinking of attending the event at Perth on the Saturday?

I'm planning be at Perth for most of the day on the Saturday. Going down and staying at Kinross and then heading to the Border Fine Art event at the Posthorn Castle Douglas on the Sunday. Oh and on holiday the following week so looking forward to that too.

I was wondering if any other FTF members were thinking of attending the event at Perth on the Saturday?

I'll maybe manage to nip away from work for an hour or two depending on what's going on........Will see what models will be out for that time and see how things go........ ;)

I won`t be there  as it`s the middle of lambing time for me.last thing on my mind then is model shows ! .Posthorn on the sunday?    not far from me  there.

I can also agree as to the quality of the Isle of Skye carvery! Was at a bull sale one year and that`s where we went for our tea..........Excellent.The chef thought he`d be smart after I`d loaded my plate up and went back for more, he thought he`d fill my plate  again and I`d not  be able to eat it., I saw the look on his face , he was wrong .........the fool!!!!!!! :P :P :P

I won`t be there  as it`s the middle of lambing time for me.last thing on my mind then is model shows ! .Posthorn on the sunday?    not far from me  there.

I can also agree as to the quality of the Isle of Skye carvery! Was at a bull sale one year and that`s where we went for our tea..........Excellent.The chef thought he`d be smart after I`d loaded my plate up and went back for more, he thought he`d fill my plate  again and I`d not  be able to eat it., I saw the look on his face , he was wrong .........the fool!!!!!!! :P :P :P

Yes the carvery is an added attraction at Perth and its reasonably priced. I never been down to the Posthorn shop at Castle Douglas. I started dealing with them for Border Fine Arts when a local shop Bakers in Aberdeen could not guarentee me a model one year. I turned to the Posthorn and now deal with them exclusively for my models. It is now owned by Ian Sinclair from Inverurie Aberdeenshire so they normally deliver my models to the Inverurie shop. This years one though is the Leyland and I'm getting the wheels painted at the event in the correct colour of silver instead of cream. Nice that Perth and Castle Douglas works in on the same weekend to save on travel !!!

Yes the carvery is an added attraction at Perth and its reasonably priced. I never been down to the Posthorn shop at Castle Douglas. I started dealing with them for Border Fine Arts when a local shop Bakers in Aberdeen could not guarentee me a model one year. I turned to the Posthorn and now deal with them exclusively for my models. It is now owned by Ian Sinclair from Inverurie Aberdeenshire so they normally deliver my models to the Inverurie shop. This years one though is the Leyland and I'm getting the wheels painted at the event in the correct colour of silver instead of cream. Nice that Perth and Castle Douglas works in on the same weekend to save on travel !!!

Its a long time since I have been down in the Dumfries and Galloway area. I been to the vintage show at Dumfries twice. Once when it was hosting the champion of champions and I came home with the tractor cup for my 1941 International Farmall A. The next time I was down was probably in 1999 again to the show but this time buying tyres for a tractor from David Johnston from Annan.

• 1 month later...

OK guys, who's going?  I'm planning to go there for the start on Saturday.  I'm assuiming that there'll be adequate parking at the venue.  Is there an admission charge?

I'll be coming down as early as I can on the Saturday.I got a flyer from the Old 20 parts company and I'm sure it said from 9.30 am until 5.30 am.

There is a car park at the back but the spaces are so tight you almost need a shoe horn to get out and in between the cars. Being a little worried for my car the last time I was down I parked in the public car park opposite. It was so so cheap something like 20p for 4 hours.

When they held the event here some years ago there was no admission charge.

Looking forward to seeing you again James

That's great Bill - could you confirm the start time at some point this week, although 9.30 - 10.00 would be the time I would be heading up for.  I'll give you a call when I get there (presuming your number is the same as it was at Lanark!)?  ;D

That's great Bill - could you confirm the start time at some point this week, although 9.30 - 10.00 would be the time I would be heading up for.  I'll give you a call when I get there (presuming your number is the same as it was at Lanark!)?  ;D

I will give Nick at old 20 parts a call this week to confirm start times. Yes my mobile number is still the same. It not a big hall so people should be easy to find ;D ;D

Thanks for that Bill.  I'll probably make it up for about 9.30 ish.  Looking forward to it.

Yes I'm looking forward to it James and I'm hoping the weather improves for driving down.

Doesn't look as though too many FTF'ers will be attending though ??? ???

We're a man down at work at the minute so unfortunately I'm not going to make it again........ :-\ :'(

That's a pity Martin but we will meet up some time I guess when you are spending money versus earning it ;D ;D