Silage 07 Not on my farm

Kiwi6920

I don't think well of the forager drivers loading, missed the back of the trailer in one pic and it's only 3/4 full in one pic, and I know driving about compacts it...but not that much surely  ???

Nice pics none the less!  ;D

Belive it or not there was a reason behind that, New tractor driver never done T&T silage , very steep and slipery track so the went easy on him, the 79 driver does it year in and out so he was chocker every time,

As i lernt last night its not realy the choppers fualt for corner misses, its the tratcors fualt, i know i caused it abit last night  ::)`

what i dont understand from silaging in nz is they have huge tractors pulling medium to small sized trailers  ??? over here in Kerry anyway weve just as hilly ground, way wetter conditions normally and much  smaller tractors pulling bigger trailers without trouble most of the time.

nice pics though

what i dont understand from silaging in nz is they have huge tractors pulling medium to small sized trailers  ??? over here in Kerry anyway weve just as hilly ground, way wetter and small tractors pulling bigger trailers without trouble most of the time.

nice pics though

Yeah i know what you mean alan, I live here and cant figure it out  ??? those trailers are 16 tonners tho,

What Hp do you need for a 16 toner then?

what make are those trailers then nick,they look like flatbeds with some home made sialge tops added to me???

They are Mcintosh, Made localy in palmerston north, They are Multi purpose ones, they have the silage crate you see and they have removable gravel sides also, or they can be a flat deck, Tractor trailer silageing isnt very popular over here so we cant realy afford to have special silage trailers for 2months work

yeah im not sure why we have such big tractors,  we must just like to have the power and size to feel safe ;D im currious to know why now also

i put it down to dairy and cattle farmers over there (well in the areas i was in anyway) seem to do a good bit of cultivations too for animal feed in the form of crops like turnips and kale etc i guess the bigger machinery is better in this regard and it isnt worth them buying smaller tractors for the sake of two months work as you say.

just my opinion

those fiat or some yokes to pull though  :o i know a guy who had an 80-90 she was an animal

I know pity about the gearbox - drove one for a while this summer at corn and drawing bales - will try and get drawing pit silage next year with him even if it means taking holidays from work  ;D ;D ;D ;D