Joskin quadra! fantastic model!

hi all, today i bought siku's joskin quadra vacuum tanker. aswell as britains livestock trailer, and i must say how good this model is! the injection system is nicely created and is fitted on with a siku linkage. anyone who does not have this model i recomend it! well detailed, realistic, and overall superb!

p.s any of you trusty britains fans should purchase this, 

Guest gardenerjake

Yes I have this one too and agree with you , it`s a good model . I think the injector system could be used  for some kind of air drill  too I`m sure the siku linkage on the tank body would come off and a spreader plate could be fitted ....just a thought .

I agree too , Britains devotees  could do worse than check out the  newer Siku, Joal and Universal hobbies models in general .

Britains have definately  gone down hill  from what they were. I hated the big mid 80`s  Same Deutz lamborghini  and Hurlimann `s too thos shame they discontinued  the vaderstad rollers  and Kverneland ploughs. I think there is a rumour they have been considering a new plough  for release in 2005 ? can anyone confirm this ?

I`ve even got some of the Tim models  They are cheap versions of the Siku models .I don`t like the Deutz they do but the MF 4260 and John Deere 6520 are pretty good  and altho the rear linkage is big and rough  at the price they are , it`s not difficult to whack on a replacement  siku one . I just wish I could find someone who`d supply me these at trade price ..........even better  for converting with them as the big Kroger tipping tralier is far better than the marston britains version as it tips higher , more realistically and stays up not like the Siku ones . Their whirl rake  and front  mower  are quite  good for the price , as is the Lely welger round baler , the Pottinger loaderwagon  is nice enough too ...........all ok for the money I`d suggest and

Yep the joskin Quadra is a very good model I would say it was 1 of my models of the year ha ha!. I remember when I first bought it when it came out I loved it, it was always on display hooked up to the tractor. Also like Gardener Jake said the injector system was good to I made mine into a Umbilical slurry system just by making a hose reel and slurry pump was great fun.

Nathan

I quite like the Tim models. I wanted another John Deere model from the 6020 series but already had Siku's JD 6920S and Siku Farmer+ 6920 so opted for the TIM 6520. The only thing I didn't like was that the wheels didn't turn very far round in either direction. Anyone else have this problem?Otherwise good for the money.

Regards

NewHolland2

my Tim`s are ok wheel wise .I think the end of my post got lost somehow I was hoping to find someone who`d supply me these models at trade price.....Thank you Cuttsco  I have a couple of Siku linkages lying around .Looks like I`ll  be away in France  for a while now anyway.collecting might have to go on hold .

I think they`d  also be ideal to give as pressies to start off younger collectors , you know converted to " just like dad`s got "  cheap enough and if they did get broken no real big deal

Jake

I've fitted them (Siku Hitch) to the Case STX 500 and the arctic J-D i bought my son for christmas, Good job i did, he would have been quite disapointed with the little plastic thingymerbob that they come with that is supposed to be a hitch! Infact he's currently Hauling lego bricks around the front room with his case, complete with triple wheels! The one you bought off ebay was destined for conversion, but the scale is more like 1/35, doesn't sound a big difference, but put it side by side with a 1/32 model and it looks quite small.

• 2 months later...

I had the choice between the Britains Samson vaccum tanker or the Siku Joskin tanker and I chose the Samson tanker. Yeah, I can hear you laughing from here! I liked the hydraulic loading arm on the Samson and thought I could eventually make an Injection system to go on it. Dunno if it'll ever happen. This was way before I learned from this site that the Samson tanker is not to scale. What scale do you think it really is?

Does anyone have a picture of the Samson tanker with the injection system fitted?

• 7 months later...