Model shops in Somerset

milo

sorry if this aint the right place to post this...

but does anyone know where there are any really good model shops in Somerset of surrounding area??

I knew of a few but they closed down coz they couldn't make it worth while. There a few other shops but they are so limited with what they stock and the only other time is when the fairs are on.

help anyone please  ;)

Milo,

For UH, Britains, Siku etc it is very difficult. I have not found anything in Bristol, Bath, Wells or Taunton. Tractor dealers are the only places i have found anything like a decent range of models locally. Ticknells in Wells have a pretty good selection at the moment, and Highwood's at Yeovil have a small amount. There is a Valtra dealer in the Frome area that used to have a fair amount of stuff but the last time i was there they had run their stock right down.

I don't know if Mole Valley Farmers stock models in their country stores ?

The best best place for building materials, plastic strut etc, i have found in this part of the world is a model shop opposite the old Bridewell in Bristol, can't remember what it's called.

If you don't mind a bit of travelling i would go and see Karen at Farmodels in Westbury, Wilts.

I would also be pleased to hear of anywhere else in this part of the world.

Milo,

For UH, Britains, Siku etc it is very difficult. I have not found anything in Bristol, Bath, Wells or Taunton. Tractor dealers are the only places i have found anything like a decent range of models locally. Ticknells in Wells have a pretty good selection at the moment, and Highwood's at Yeovil have a small amount. There is a Valtra dealer in the Frome area that used to have a fair amount of stuff but the last time i was there they had run their stock right down.

I don't know if Mole Valley Farmers stock models in their country stores ?

The best best place for building materials, plastic strut etc, i have found in this part of the world is a model shop opposite the old Bridewell in Bristol, can't remember what it's called.

If you don't mind a bit of travelling i would go and see Karen at Farmodels in Westbury, Wilts.

I would also be pleased to hear of anywhere else in this part of the world.

there was a toymaster in taunton which stocked quite a bit, but it shut down. MVF stock some but not a great deal, as you said UH is the hardest and thats the models i want. Perhaps if i order off Karen at farmmodels and go and pick them up if i ask her coz Im a bit weary with royal mail as they have lost some models ive ordered before. Im going over Ilminster on saturday to Hurcott Toys as i seen advertised in farmers weekly. Going to bristol soon as well so I can wander around and see if i can find a hidden shop that sells any.

thanks anyway

HI MILO welcome to the forum i shouldn't bother with bristol won't be nothing there  ;) ;) i used to go  to toymaster in taunton used to be good  :'( :'( like 1/32 life says (aide) tincknells in wells in quite good and there started to stock a few more UH these days but try ladyfarmer (holylovestoys) she's based in somerset now  :) :)

There is an Antics Model Shop in the Broadmead Shopping Centre Bristol.  Was in there a couple of weeks ago, they have a small selection of UH, can't recall what.  Don't think they had any other farm stuff.  Shop details at http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/aboutantics.aspx

Hurcott Toys have a good selection of most of the standard issue Siku, Britains, UH.

There is an Antics Model Shop in the Broadmead Shopping Centre Bristol.  Was in there a couple of weeks ago, they have a small selection of UH, can't recall what.  Don't think they had any other farm stuff.  Shop details at http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/aboutantics.aspx

Hurcott Toys have a good selection of most of the standard issue Siku, Britains, UH.

the antics in plymouth is actually getting a good stock in now mate

the antics in plymouth is actually getting a good stock in now mate

Yep, I was in there about a month ago, nothing new though at the time.  Plymouth has two good model shops, Exeter has 3 poor ones.  The only farm stuff available in Exeter is latest release Britains in two 'Toy' shops.

HI MILO welcome to the forum i shouldn't bother with bristol won't be nothing there  ;) ;) i used to go  to toymaster in taunton used to be good  :'( :'( like 1/32 life says (aide) tincknells in wells in quite good and there started to stock a few more UH these days but try ladyfarmer (holylovestoys) she's based in somerset now  :) :)

they still sell em in tincknells coz when the john deere business went, i thought they had away with all that?

Re Ticknells at Wells, as per Siomon M comments, since they lost their dealership they have actually increased the number of different models they stock. I guess they now feel they don't have to stock only John Deere, well at least until their shop in Wells becomes a Sainsburys.

Just what the world needs another bl**dy supermarket !

Re Ticknells at Wells, as per Siomon M comments, since they lost their dealership they have actually increased the number of different models they stock. I guess they now feel they don't have to stock only John Deere, well at least until their shop in Wells becomes a Sainsburys.

Just what the world needs another bl**dy supermarket !

Their keeping the county store just moving it round to southover where thier fuel depot is  ;) ;) ;)

ah cool thanks!!!

i just found a really good shop in Bridport.... it looks like a small newsagent but it goes back really far and it stocks loads!!! i got those old log sleds for 50p each!!!!!

I know just up the road from somerfield went in there back in the summer and picked up 3 old class silage trailers britains one's for ?5 each did you go to the toymaster round the corner as well  i picked up some cheap precision's in there :o :o :o :o

Milo there is a fantastic stockist in Frome. They have al arge selection at slighty higher than rrp though, From the Precision 8530 to the Siku Uniwrap and most models in between. Also a very good selection of large scale contstruction models, forget the brand but they ain't cheap!! This shop is the best for accesories for dioramas and layouts. They stock Evergreen, Plastruct, Woodland Scenics, Javis and many other brands for military, railway and dolls house set ups. Most can be utilised for 1/32 farming.

There is/was a small stockist in Yeovil on the Pen Mill Trading Estate called Marks Models I believe.

The Harris' are happy to welcome visitors normally, best to ring first though. It is worth the phone call and to pay a visit.

Antics at Broadmead in Bristol stock UH.

Bath Model Centre opposite where the old BHS was stock Plastruct and lots of other good scenic stuff.

Another big stockist if you venture my way is The Toy Shop with branches at Trowbridge and Melksham.

Mole Valley Farmers at Frome have a small selection, though diminishing but next door is Vaughan Agri, Claas dealers for the area and with a few of the staff keen on models they stock a full Claas line up from UH and Siku mainly, as well as a few others.

Hope this is of some help to you.

hi milo , i used to live in ilminster , & there's a small shop in town, , it looks like a pet store/ garden center , but out the back there's quite a range of siku stuff , he's actually still got a few SP holmer beet harvesters !amongst other things , very few britains & UH stuff , but he seems to be getting bits trickling through.

10 mins from win & 30 from taunton ?

castle cary ?, sparkford? keinton mandeville ? bruton ?