Show us your Pets!?!?!

This is Kimi, an Oriental Red Burmese.  My wife's pride and joy.  About 12 months old now.  His pedigree name is Flash 'arry but is called Kimi because he seems to think the whole house is a race track he can tear around and I didn't fancy going outside and calling for 'Fernado' or 'Michael'.

This is Smokie, she's a 2 year old blue-grey and daft as a brush.

I've had numerous rabbits over a twenty year period, and they are really funny animals that to my mind; are greatly underestimated.

We've often had them in the house in the past, and had hours of fun and laughter with them. I had two Flemish Giants that I used to have paper fights with. They also used to either push their earthenware dishes out of their hutch door when it was open, or physically pick them up and throw them out of the door.  We had a doe that was like a garbage disposal unit, stole sandwiches from right under your nose, loved sausages, crisps,  burgers and Kentucky fried chicken, and built a nest behind our settee, which included hay, crisp packets, a coke bottle and a hacksaw blade. She had two babies which nearly went up the hoover because my wife didn't even know she was pregnant, and when they started to get around the house, they looked like little furry frogs.

We had a doe that survived biting through the TV wire. My wife rang me at work to tell me that the rabbit was acting weird and the telly had gone bang. When I got home I looked at the rabbit, only to find that she had some magnificent whiskers on one side of her face, on the other side she had a partly bald top lip, and some very short whiskers that looked like springs.

I had a buck rabbit that bit my nose quite badly after I had made a fuss of another buck that he would have killed given the chance. I had seven stitches in my nose as a result of that, and got laughed at by the doctor and two nurses at the hospital; who at first refused to believe me when I told them how my injury occurred. He was a very gentle rabbit otherwise. I once had to rescue our three cats from him when he was put in our house while his hutch was cleaned out. He had rounded them up into a corner and wouldn't let them move. He was a very healthy chap and died at the ripe old age of twelve. I don't know of any rabbit that has lived that long, particularly as he was one of the smaller breeds. Large breeds of rabbits live longer than small ones.

It makes me really sad to see most rabbits confined to a shoe box sized hutch, tucked down the side of their owners house out of the way and usually living on wet dirty bedding, being fed when someone remembers to do it. There are some really callous and thoughtless owners of rabbits, who should never have had them in the first place. Treated right; rabbits are beautiful entertaining creatures with a sense of mischief. They aren't as silly as they first appear.  ;):)

I've had numerous rabbits over a twenty year period, and they are really funny animals that to my mind; are greatly underestimated.

We've often had them in the house in the past, and had hours of fun and laughter with them. I had two Flemish Giants that I used to have paper fights with. They also used to either push their earthenware dishes out of their hutch door when it was open, or physically pick them up and throw them out of the door.  We had a doe that was like a garbage disposal unit, stole sandwiches from right under your nose, loved sausages, crisps,  burgers and Kentucky fried chicken, and built a nest behind our settee, which included hay, crisp packets, a coke bottle and a hacksaw blade. She had two babies which nearly went up the hoover because my wife didn't even know she was pregnant, and when they started to get around the house, they looked like little furry frogs.

We had a doe that survived biting through the TV wire. My wife rang me at work to tell me that the rabbit was acting weird and the telly had gone bang. When I got home I looked at the rabbit, only to find that she had some magnificent whiskers on one side of her face, on the other side she had a partly bald top lip, and some very short whiskers that looked like springs.

I had a buck rabbit that bit my nose quite badly after I had made a fuss of another buck that he would have killed given the chance. I had seven stitches in my nose as a result of that, and got laughed at by the doctor and two nurses at the hospital; who at first refused to believe me when I told them how my injury occurred. He was a very gentle rabbit otherwise. I once had to rescue our three cats from him when he was put in our house while his hutch was cleaned out. He had rounded them up into a corner and wouldn't let them move. He was a very healthy chap and died at the ripe old age of twelve. I don't know of any rabbit that has lived that long, particularly as he was one of the smaller breeds. Large breeds of rabbits live longer than small ones.

It makes me really sad to see most rabbits confined to a shoe box sized hutch, tucked down the side of their owners house out of the way and usually living on wet dirty bedding, being fed when someone remembers to do it. There are some really callous and thoughtless owners of rabbits, who should never have had them in the first place. Treated right; rabbits are beautiful entertaining creatures with a sense of mischief. They aren't as silly as they first appear.  ;):)

I couldn't agree more. As hard as I try I just cannot seem to make Traci realise they are a very tasty meal!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D ;)

first up is my tabby cat sam, caught him in today and kinda woke him up :-[

DSCF0404.jpg

DSCF0406.jpg

then theres markys favourite, jess the lakeland terrior, first pic shes doing her stretches!! :D

DSCF0401.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

then the last one is my brother and sister in-law to bes dog, dont know how to spell it but its a shitzoo :-\ we were babysitting her today ha ha! shes called peanuts-dont ask

DSCF0400.jpg

oh what do you call a shitzoo........................not a dog................................a zoo with no animals!!! :-[:D