Massey 8210 and Herder side mounted hedge trimmer

NCC

Can remember a while back some of you west country boys I think, where on about a big Massey with big side mounted hedge cutter. Well I went to my local tractor department store G&R Pyketts today for a look round, only to see there latest purchase cutting some hedges. It's a Massey 8210 with Herder BK 1353 S 25ft reach telescopic hedge/verge mower :o :o :o

It's a bloody massive piece of kit and was just wondering if it could be the same machine, as they said it had come from down Devon and has been used mainly for cutting motorway banks, hedges etc ??? ???

Nath

It's a bloody massive piece of kit and was just wondering if it could be the same machine, as they said it had come from down Devon and has been used mainly for cutting motorway banks, hedges etc ??? ???

Nath

at a farm sale i once saw a  blue 50b digger converted with one of these trimmers for a wessex water contract,

it also came with brackets & train wheels for cutting railway embankments , looked seriously heavy for a small tractor

but it was kitted out with some heavy duty counterweights. :)

Yeah those Valtras must do some miles. I saw two a year or two back up on the M4 around Chippenham and more recentley on the A303 near Mere. Wasn't one the subject of a horrific crash on the M5 south at Weston-Super-Mare? Some bloke nodded of on the inside lane and shove one up the arse on the hard shoulder. The bloke in the car died and the tractor was a write off. Since then they have had those Motorway lorries with the big bumper cushions on the back follow them round all day.

The 8210 isn't the same as the one I have seen but for the sake of research and interest it just aswell be. Same kind of set-up in any-case. I have seen it ditching and trimming down on the Levels. Spot on for finding that one NCC. Good man.