MODEL OF THE MOMENT... The Britains MF760 combine ~ and the "real deal"

Nice review bignose  ;)

Brings back loads of memorys for me as it was one of my first models that my lovley mummy bought me and the old man for his sins spent hours on the real beast in the mid 70's..

Is that the first Britains version of the 760 Marky ?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review bignose  ;)

Brings back loads of memorys for me as it was one of my first models that my lovley mummy bought me and the old man for his sins spent hours on the real beast in the mid 70's..

Is that the first Britains version of the 760 Marky ?

I must admit... I know more about the real thing than the model... can you enlighten us a little Bazza... how do we tell ???

Marky I can remember getting this model and a Ford 6600, in the year the combine came out for my birthday. I've still got them and you are right, that MF 760 was a great toy in its day, and thinking about it, perhaps has more "play value" than todays offerings.

I think mine was the first type, the front wheels are only held on by little star washer type fastenings, and mine has still got a stone wedged up the back end to keep the rear down as it was a little front heavy. Looking at your pic of the underneath it looks like they added the straw walkers in metal to overcome this problem.

Thanks for posting this topic - quite nostalgic :D

Nice one Marky I just had to run upstairs and look at mine :D :D

I crazed my mum and dad for one of these and that Christmas my present under the tree looked the right size ::)

Just imagine my horror when I opened it Christmas morning only to find a pair of winfield football boots :( :(

And people ask why i've never liked football :D :D

Anyway I got one eventually :) :)

When I started collecting farmtoys again it was my first purchase off ebay just like the one in your first picks mint in a mint box ......?20 plus ?4 postage :o :o :o :o

I think the older versions made in britain are better i have one of the newer ones aswell and i dont think the finish is as good, no jewel lights the later driver looks out of proportion and i think the colour is to bright but thats what happens when things get made abroad.

Agreed... the later model is the wrong colour completely  :-\

PDC...

I can just picture your face on Christmas day  :D :D :D - poor you  :'( :D :D :D

Was the early version much darker in colour  ???

There were some other differences as well I am sure but I really don't wanna dig them both out of the loft now do I  :-[:-[ :D :D

Don't think so Bazza... I think the early version is "right" colour wise... the newer version is the dark one.. go on.. get in that loft... the lads (and lasses) demand it  >:(;D:-*

Well done again Marky you really do these MOM justice with your ramblings and over the top pictures  :D :D :D

But all joking aside its one of the frist models i can remember playing with my brother as a boy and still got it now with nothing broken off it so it must be well made brought another one a couple of years ago as well mib is there something to do with where they were made that makes some rare or not  :-\ :-\ :-\

Just retrived my two from the loft and noticed that they are both made in england but the newer one without the jeweled lights definitly looks a brighter red and both of them have the straw walker detail underneath but the chassis is light brown and not black on the pictures of the macua made one.

Just retrived my two from the loft and noticed that they are both made in england but the newer one without the jeweled lights definitly looks a brighter red and both of them have the straw walker detail underneath but the chassis is light brown and not black on the pictures of the macua made one.

Your a star I knew it  :D :D

Saves me trying to climb the ladder and fit through the hatch which is gonna be tricky after all this grub and booze that has been consumed of late  :(:-[:D

a good review, and heres a couple of facts for you ;) the costs of making all the moulds for the MF760 was over ?30,000 compared to ?8000 for a tractor, and MF provided all the drawings and made a large contribution to the toolmaking costs from there promotional budget

You turning red mate, you seam to know alot about it