do you ask to take photos ?

jcb4cxkid

no i dont just fire away no point in asking they cant stop you

they can stop you massey boy ;) you could be on private land where your not ment to be for a start, then manufacturer do use farm to test out protype/new machinery and they dont like photo's of the machinery being leaked out

they can stop you massey boy ;) you could be on private land where your not ment to be for a start, then manufacturer do use farm to test out protype/new machinery and they dont like photo's of the machinery being leaked out

i no they can stop me if i am on private land but i dont ask

hmm , this question has come up before , & there was no real answer to it , most of my pics come from farms i know , & they know me , if when i'm delivering i know the farm has somethinng worth taking a pic of i always ask, same as out in the field always good to let them know who you are & what the interest is.

i was working on a farm where we hired a team of dung spreaders & there were a few people taking pics & waving & smiling , couple of hours later the police turned up after a complaint of excessive mud on the road, then saw the pics in the local paper a few weeks later :(

if you get to talking to the drivers or farmers you could get more than just a pic , few years back i took some of a maize crew , within 10 minites , i was on a 12 mile round  trip in a fendt926, then rode around in the harvester for an hour or so :)

my advice is take yer pics , if in any doubt ask, could make all the difference of taking a long shot from the road , or taking a close up in the field , the more upfront you are the less suspicious they become , after all nobody likes to see someone lurking with a camera  ;)

If you actually take the photograph you automatically own the copyright and can do whatever you like with it - that's how the press get away with it.

'People' can withold permission for you to publish photos of them within reason, generally guardians of minors I think but not many others.

If something is on public property or visible from it you can take photos without permission.

If something is on private property which is not visible from public property and you are on private property too you really should ask, first to be there, second to snap.

You can hang over roadside hedges and take as many as you like without asking, so long as your prepared for the

awkwardness if anyone asks!

To be honest i've never had a chance to ask anyone they've always just smiled and thumbs upped. Only one driver completely ignores me think hes camera shy  :D When i saw the lads fixing a drill they were walking around so i asked and they were fine with it. I think then on theres no need  :)

I myself am photo shy, so i allways ask 1st, if there ant any one there i go for gold, but i just walk up to the machine and say something like, Hey mate nice machine your running, do you mind if i take a few pics of it working and have a look at it, I havent been told no yet ;) I nearly allways end up inside it working

If there is someone around i say do you mind if i take a couple of photos? and ive never had a problem with anyone saying no infact it even led me to getting to drive a claas challenger and quadtrac in the summer  ;D  By the end of the summer i was quite well known by everyone in the area anyway.