Jd 7530 with duals

pics please ;) i got some wheels but was unsure how to make the magnets work due to the wheel covers :-[

Ill take pics later, easy but blooming anoying,  here is how to do it

Parts, 4x small round magnets

2x 3mm boltsx15-20mm have to mesure them and nuts

Tools, hammer small punch rod, twesers and small fine flat screwdriver and philips screw driver, hack saw, SHARP knife

Ok unscrew the jd to get the back axle out, pop of the wheel covers , put wheel on edge of bench, gently punch the axle rod down to remove the plastic C clip type thing, turn over do the same for the other side, cut around 2mm away from the circlip grove, just enough so there is still taper on the end of the axle, do it to both sides, ( they have a poxy new axle, pointed both ends and has a stupid plastic circlip thing) put inside wheels on axle, place cir clip in with tweasers and push with flat head screw drive till locked in ( if you bugger the clip you have to glue the wheel to the axle nut on the inside)

Cut the tube bit of the inside of the wheel cover, fluch with the disc, place on magnet in the well then replace wheel cover, repeat

Now take the Plastic tube bit from the cover and fit to the Hex side of the Dual wheel, cut flush with the orignal height of the hex surround, do the same for both, place the bolt thru the axle hole and tighten upm making sure the nut is on the iside of the weel cover, file the head of the bolt flat, atach second magnet to this, ( one magnet will hold for moving but wont if you pick it up) replace the outer wheel cover, and you have magnetic removable duals

Then replace axle and rescrew tractor, Then you have a 7*30 with magnetic remoavble duals

ill take some pics of it later to show if any one is stuck just ask me

Ill take pics later, easy but blooming anoying,  here is how to do it

Parts, 4x small round magnets

2x 3mm boltsx15-20mm have to mesure them and nuts

Tools, hammer small punch rod, twesers and small fine flat screwdriver and philips screw driver, hack saw, SHARP knife

Ok unscrew the jd to get the back axle out, pop of the wheel covers , put wheel on edge of bench, gently punch the axle rod down to remove the plastic C clip type thing, turn over do the same for the other side, cut around 2mm away from the circlip grove, just enough so there is still taper on the end of the axle, do it to both sides, ( they have a poxy new axle, pointed both ends and has a stupid plastic circlip thing) put inside wheels on axle, place cir clip in with tweasers and push with flat head screw drive till locked in ( if you bugger the clip you have to glue the wheel to the axle nut on the inside)

Cut the tube bit of the inside of the wheel cover, fluch with the disc, place on magnet in the well then replace wheel cover, repeat

Now take the Plastic tube bit from the cover and fit to the Hex side of the Dual wheel, cut flush with the orignal height of the hex surround, do the same for both, place the bolt thru the axle hole and tighten upm making sure the nut is on the iside of the weel cover, file the head of the bolt flat, atach second magnet to this, ( one magnet will hold for moving but wont if you pick it up) replace the outer wheel cover, and you have magnetic removable duals

Then replace axle and rescrew tractor, Then you have a 7*30 with magnetic remoavble duals

ill take some pics of it later to show if any one is stuck just ask me

im lost??? can you post the pics then i may get ya drift :-[ i guess you end up seen the magnet on the tractor wheel so it wont be yellow. i understand how to get the clips off etc as i have a spare set off wheels and been longing to fit them onto my 7530 :P

Ok here are 3 quick pics, im not home so i cant take it appartto do detailed shots

ready for duals or work There is one magnet Behind the cover

M01A0676.jpg

What the dual looks like on the INSIDE, this cant be seen when its on the tractor

M01A0677.jpg

Her all dualed up, looks realy good

M01A0678.jpg

Hope those pics help you out

i think i'll buy some from Mike if he has them at spalding! ??? ??? :-\

He might have to do the whole tractor or a compleate back axle tho, They arnt like the standard ones for the older tractors as it uses 2 magnets for each wheel

cheers for pics nick, i had got it sussed in the end thoe ;D

ben you will have to get a hole tractor not just the wheels as you have to modife the rear axle, if you want one i can make some for splading, pm me ;)

took me alot of thinking dont it, pig of a new axle i recon

got mine finished, looks great, top idea nick ;) yes pain to work out how to do but easy once you have done the first one ;D  have you tried the front ones??? im working on it :-[

Simple..... Magnet inside front wheel hub cover, bolt thru the wheel and file the head flater ( i use rounded head bolts) realy easy compared to the back