simba solo alternative ?

MJB1

i made an amazing discovery yesterday,the plant shop in town sells loads of siku farm toys !! :) :) :);D

while looking around the shelves i saw a AMAZON CENTAUR 6000 for ?12.00 .how much are the solo's ?

can any one shed any light on this model as it looks an alternative to the solo's i was thinking of adding to the winterhay fleet ?

it's a fairly big bit of kit so will be hooked up to the ford 8670 or the 1884 ;)

looks like the hitch needs to be lengthened but not really a problem

thoughts please :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad model, "Palmers Contractors" run two of them on the Challengers, I would think anything less than 300 HP will struggle with one of those.... :-\

?don't think i'll have too many problems with the HP fp,as imagination is a wonderfull thing & will have the pumps recalabrated to the max on the 8670 ?& the soil i have can be grade1 if need be ?:D ?& a fendt 930 to call on

worth ?12 fp ? or would the solo's be a better buy ?

only found the one & i had to search for that !

the joskin injection tanker looks rather big as well ,don't you think ?

Thats what I use on my hookloaders, far better than the britains alternative.  ;)

?don't think i'll have too many problems with the HP fp,as imagination is a wonderfull thing & will have the pumps recalabrated to the max on the 8670 ?& the soil i have can be grade1 if need be ?:D ?& a fendt 930 to call on

worth ?12 fp ? or would the solo's be a better buy ?

I've got two of each!!

Both good models, just a shame everything on the simba that should move doesn't.

It's not really an alternative as it does not do any subsoiling. So it's more of a one pass suface cultivator, having said that I've got one running on a NH 9880. Have a look at the Amazone website for horsepower needs but the NH pulls it easy. I have been thinking of hitching it up too an MF 135 as with the price of deisel so high I figured it would result in cheaper running costs ;)

nh13pq.th.jpg

click on the photo for full size picture

230hp isnt it?

Our college had an 8870 with a huge set of Parmiter discs to play with when I was there. Being Salisbury base Parmiter gave the pre-production discs to the Army and said "break them" a silly thing to say to an Army I would have thought. But they took it seriously, no AS90's, no Challenger II's, no MLRS, instead. .. A 3185 Fastrac and some of the hardest chalk tank tracks in the country amid Salisbury Plain. Did they break'em? No, so who are the next most destructable people on earth? STUDENTS!!! Add an 8870, 28 Farm Mec students and a light as hell Cotswold Brash field.? .. did we break'em?? NO!!! Obviously a pretty good set of discs.