ok Marky how about some info on this Massey

Deerepower

French built update of the 135, availible with a 8 speed gear box {which wasn't on the 135} or 12 speed Multi-Power gearbox, Wheelbase was 4" longer than 135 due to spacer in the transmission to allow fitting of a creeper box if required. Perkins AD3 152 engine was rated at 47hp compared to 45hp in the 135.

I'm pretty sure the 148 was also UK built Allis...

I've got some spec sheets on the 148 which I'll pop up later on... it was basically a 10 inch longer 135... not sure where the extra 4 inches came from (I believe the spacer was 6" and not 4")... but the gearbox spacer was designed to increase the access to the operator area.. and assist in the handling of the tractor with heavier equipment on the rear arms  :-\

You can always tell a French built 100 series by the paintwork... French made machines at this time used a silver paint colour for the engine and drivetrain... UK tractors were Stonleigh grey  ;)

Among other extras... you got a better seat...

Sad to say thaty not many 148's were built... making them sought after today... they make a good ploughing tractor due to the extra length... my mate describes them as the untimate 100 series..  At the time of production (72-75) a 165 in standard form was only a few quid more... for lots more HP  :-\

Thanks to Powerrabbit I do have the creeper gearbox spec leaflet as well... so I'll pop them all up in just a while  ;)

I'm pretty sure the 148 was also UK built Allis...

I've got some spec sheets on the 148 which I'll pop up later on... it was basically a 10 inch longer 135... not sure where the extra 4 inches came from (I believe the spacer was 6" and not 4")... but the gearbox spacer was designed to increase the access to the operator area.. and assist in the handling of the tractor with heavier equipment on the rear arms  :-\

You can always tell a French built 100 series by the paintwork... French made machines at this time used a silver paint colour for the engine and drivetrain... UK tractors were Stonleigh grey  ;)

Among other extras... you got a better seat...

Sad to say thaty not many 148's were built... making them sought after today... they make a good ploughing tractor due to the extra length... my mate describes them as the untimate 100 series..   At the time of production (72-75) a 165 in standard form was only a few quid more... for lots more HP  :-\

Thanks to Powerrabbit I do have the creeper gearbox spec leaflet as well... so I'll pop them all up in just a while  ;)

And of course the 148 eventually evolved into the 550.

We had a 148 for few years when they were new, and about all I can remember is that the brakes were poor and the kingpins snapped periodically - don' recall it being noticeably different to the 135 to drive.... :)

I'm not sure but I think the wheels were bigger than a 135 - it was quite fast on the road  ???