MF 100 & 500 series auto-hitch linkages

MJB1

marky asked me to post up the linkages from the 3 168's at shepton mallet ,, as my 168 hasn't got a complete set

genuine 100 series linkage

note the chains & pin block (missing from my 168) also the square bar in the hook carridge, the hooks are also squared off for compatibility

Picture063.jpg

linkage lift bracket secured to the top yoke by bolt & pin quite a narrow bracket

Picture062.jpg

view of the left hand side complete

Picture061.jpg

complete view

Picture060-1.jpg

this 168 has mixed & matched 100 & 500 series linkage

notice the chains have been replaced with solid lift bars

Picture056.jpg

return spring on the outside of bracket, 100 style squared hooks & 500 style round bar on the hook carridge

Picture057.jpg

complete view of tractor, notice the 500series heavier duty lift bracket for the solid bar lift

Picture058.jpg

a 168 with a complete 500 series auto-hitch

heavy duty lift brackets , bar lift, rounded hooks to fit with the round bar hook carridge, hook return springs on the inside of the bracket, & hooks hung the opposite way round to the 100 series linkage

Picture052.jpg

hook & hook carridge

Picture053.jpg

complete view of 500 series auto-hithc linkage on a 100 series tractor

Picture054.jpg

Thanks for posting mate... I remember that 500 series version very well... with the springy handle... I retro fitted quite a few of those.. and took them off some trade ins over the years...

Good detective work Mr B... so what will you be fitting to your lady then mate...  ???

will have to sort through whats worn & what useable  mate but a complete 500 series system would be good as was stronger  but i really need the lift brackets more than anything as all the lowr parts are complete , so will probably replace the hook carridges as well

well at least very little can go wrong with it mark , but it looks awfull & very cheap

you sure the brackets wont fit to the top yokes ? if the brackets fitted , then you could attatch the chains direct to them , but i supose if it aint broke dont fix it

so am  right in saying , that once the hitch is right up & ready for towing you have to physicaly pin it into position  ???

Thanks for posting mate... I remember that 500 series version very well... with the springy handle... I retro fitted quite a few of those.. and took them off some trade ins over the years...

Good detective work Mr B... so what will you be fitting to your lady then mate...  ???

will have to sort through whats worn & what useable  mate but a complete 500 series system would be good as was stronger  but i really need the lift brackets more than anything as all the lowr parts are complete , so will probably replace the hook carridges as well

bit silly saying that as none of my 168 parts are worn ! but the pins on the hook carridge where the chains should go have been ground off  ??? & the top yoke brackets are missing so it's just those that need to go on , but i may well just replace the lot with 500 series parts

Although it wouldn't be 'correct' I'd put the 500 lift on. From experience, the 500 lift wasn't perfect, but was stronger and safer than the earlier one with chains. Just make sure the lift rods aren't stretched past adjustment.  ;)

Nope... mine locks into position by two HUGE hooks... I'll see if I have a pic of it before I fitted it... that will explain everything  ;)

That looks like a good idea but must put a big strain on the stabilisers (the wrong way) and the pins on the arms  :o Pity you couldn't just fit the chains to the upper arm pins.  :)

I'm not so sure that the 500 series version (as we are calling it)... wasn't available on later 100 series models as well... does anybody know for sure ???

not 100 5 sure how old ours was, will ask, they had it from new i do know. ,seem to remember it being an oldish version to for some reason