romney marsh ploughing match

marshman

:D :D :D - still makes me laugh now... very clever John....

I never even saw that sign in the field... Maybe I was sub-conciously avoiding it as I went up and down  :-[:D :D :D :D

I am available for contract ploughing up your way next week John if you are interested... in field thats in full view of your neighbours - And I operate under the cover of darkness... when the sun comes up they will think... "What the hell has that John been up to"  :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

could you send me the post code so i can put it in the satnav

yep will do have to find it  ;D if you come keep a look out for a white land rover 110 double cab (my dad) and me on a international b275 with international b12 plough  :)

yep will do have to find it   ;D if you come keep a look out for a white land rover 110 double cab (my dad) and me on a international b275 with international b12 plough  :)

i will as i will be on my own my dad will be working so he cant go

just to add that i am going to have a 1.32 ploughing match set up using my models, obviously its just for show although may fire up the powerfarm tw35, now i need some more ploughs, anyone is comming is welcome to bring some models to put on the stand (they will be well procteded)    Do you think this is good or bad idear :) :)

just to add that i am going to have a 1.32 ploughing match set up using my models, obviously its just for show although may fire up the powerfarm tw35, now i need some more ploughs, anyone is comming is welcome to bring some models to put on the stand (they will be well procteded)     Do you think this is good or bad idear :) :)

nice i will look forward to seeing it  :) :)

nice i will look forward to seeing it  :) :)

Hi i have a word with my dad and he said that the is no acctual post code as its a field  ::) i was thinking of the farm house, but we dont no that  best thing to do is to give my dad a ring for directions will pm our house number as cheaper than a mobie :)

Hi i have a word with my dad and he said that the is no acctual post code as its a field  ::) i was thinking of the farm house, but we dont no that  best thing to do is to give my dad a ring for directions will pm our house number as cheaper than a mobie :)

ok.is the match near your dads farm if so then if you give me the name and address i could have a look on the net

• 2 weeks later...

Hi yes im afraid it has been cancceled, As me and my dad and some enthuasits are reviving it i no why it was canceld an i must add that if was of no falt of any of us organiusers. The site was dry and not to much rain was forcast. The forman rang us up and said it may have to be canceled due to the weather? But it was dry, cut a long story short he said he would go by his rain gadge on friday morning. If the was 6mm or over it was off, the was 2 mml. The landowner (not to metion names athough im sure you no) decided to stop it anyway on friday :'(. This was a great shame as My Dad (secratray) and the rest of the commity  had manged to get 30 trade stands and just under 100 ploughmen. What a shame, to be truefull we have found it unfair of the land owner to cancel it at this short notice. On the brighter side we are hoping to hold it this year in july (pea ground) or september.

i did post it was canceled in what really anoyed you section

Just like to say anyone who was booked in ploughmen or trade stands thank you very much for you support and hope you come to the july/september one

:) :)

dont forget that in september is the Weald of kent ploughing match at Sissinghurst so dont double book  :D :D :D :D

Yeh thats the prob the is a lot going on then  ;D we will be at the weald not sure what with though 165 or b275 :-\