Ever wondered how they export combines??

james f

I've helped get a JD 955 into a 40ft box before. A friend of mine does it for a living. Gas axe and they're in. Whether they work or not on the other side I don't know!! :D The reason they do it is because it is cheaper than driving it/lifting it onto a frieght ship. The buy has often bought lot's of gear and wants it shipped as cheap as possible.

What would you do only for me  :D :D

Often wonder do the buyers check they are working in the first place as some i know that have been sold for export are dead rough :(

Heard once they really only want the chassis and engine as all the seives and walkers etc are stripped out and rice gear is put in instead ;)

Wonder why the cab wasn't taken off that 8000 series though ???

Try: www.mannerscombineparts.co.uk

as well ;)

What would you do only for me  :D :D

Often wonder do the buyers check they are working in the first place as some i know that have been sold for export are dead rough :(

Heard once they really only want the chassis and engine as all the seives and walkers etc are stripped out and rice gear is put in instead ;)

Wonder why the cab wasn't taken off that 8000 series though ???

Try: www.mannerscombineparts.co.uk

as well ;)

It was taken off, you can see that it was the last bit put in, after the engine. Get your glasses checked young man!!! :D :D

It was taken off, you can see that it was the last bit put in, after the engine. Get your glasses checked young man!!! :D :D

What I meant was Sir James that cabs are usually taken off altogether as out in the Far East canopy's are used instead ;)

I guess it's an air con model? We had to put a 2680 4wd in a box once, took the wheels off and she still wouldn't go. Buyer wouldn't pay for a high cube box so we gassed the cab off. . . He nearly cried but he was running short of options! It was welded back on in Africa and the air con worked once again!