Simon's Saturday Morning Jolly

Simon

It's taken a while but here are the pics from my jolly round some local machinery dealers.

First up was James Henman @ Shobdon - back page ad on T&M usually.

Big yard, stacks of stuff. Didn't get any shots of outside, these are just the contents of his shed.

[by the way, Photobucket crashes IE every time I re-size so you'll have to view full screen or scroll. Sorry!!]

First up, to get Marky going [it's all down hill after this for you Marky!!]

P3080184.jpg

P3080193.jpg

P3080195.jpg

P3080188.jpg

P3080189.jpg

P3080187.jpg

P3080212.jpg

Some stock & customers machines..

P3080220.jpg

P3080221.jpg

Pair of 7740's

P3080224.jpg

Look Dad, it's a real tractor...

P3080225.jpg

And to the left you can see a prototype 'Extra Low Profile' TR250

P3080227.jpg

And a nice shiny [ish] new [ish] T6010 Delta

P3080230.jpg

En-route to our last port of call [and the main reason for the trip] we saw this on a farm by the side of the road.

Needless to say I got his number and he's coming to do my firewood for next year...

P3080236.jpg

P3080239.jpg

P3080240.jpg

So finally we got to G&R Price in Bishops Castle to look at a MF 290 4WD for Michael.

Unfortunately it is coming from France and wasn't due for another 3 weeks.

So I had a poke around what was there.

Don't see many of these over here, Ford 7410

P3080241.jpg

Most were being polished up and moved on..

P3080242.jpg

P3080243.jpg

P3080245.jpg

And some were waiting for it...

P3080244.jpg

So that was my morning out. Ended with a rather nice hot chocolate and pork & stuffing sandwich in Ego's in Ludlow.

Thanks chaps. Not sure whether the 6010 was a demo or a customer's, done about 350 hours, couple of weird dents on it but pretty tidy. We've got a T6030 Plus and that's very nice. Our little 4135 is due for change soon and I quite fancied a 6010 Delta but having looked at that one they're just so big. Think a T5050 will be more practical [Formerly TL100A, which was formerly the 7635. Confusing?! Noooooo!  ;):D]

1056 was very smart, been tarted up a fair bit.

The timber processor is ?11'500 new - he sells them and runs one himself on a contract basis at something / hour, forget how much he said but he's coming to us soon so will let you know.

im sorry i dont like that henman my dads friend (no mehcanical skills) brought a crawler he said it was fine turned out to be lemon henman got funny even thought it had a 3month garruntie and broke down the first day everything was wrong with it  ::) dad took over the case for his mate as my dad knows his mechnics henman got very funny but inthe end he relised dad knew his stuff and he backed down ;D

im sorry i dont like that henman my dads friend (no mehcanical skills) brought a crawler he said it was fine turned out to be lemon henman got funny even thought it had a 3month garruntie and broke down the first day everything was wrong with it  ::) dad took over the case for his mate as my dad knows his mechnics henman got very funny but inthe end he relised dad knew his stuff and he backed down ;D

I'd never met him before going there but I have to admit, he didn't appear the sort that you'd instantly click with.  :-\ Prices seemed pretty high and he was a bit 'something', can't quite put my finger on it. I'm not going to knock him though because he was generous enough to let us look round his yard and the crawler incident you mention could have been a very isolated incident.  ;D

One of the best programs to help with resizing pictures is http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm and it is very easy to use. Just download it (it takes about a minute) and then select the picture you want to re size and the dimensions you want it to be and hey presto. It doesn't delete the original just copies and saves it in the new size

robbo

Super pics Simon... thanks for sharing... I'd be interested in the timer rig as a 'winter project' - did you get his details mate.... ???

I did Marky, I'll dig them out and PM them to you tomorrow. Ever such a nice chap.

Here you are Marky, and anyone else who wants it, the timber processor guy's name is Phil Alderson, he sells these Scandinavian timber processors, from small mobile log splitters through sawbenches up to the full processor you saw here. Also operates the processor on a contract basis, along with a feeder table & 360 for long lengths [his preferred method]. Not sure of the radius of work, imagine he doesn't go far with it on the back of the Steyr!  ;)

He's based just outside Craven Arms in South Shropshire, tel 07974 401 570 or 01584 861 683. Serious enquiries only please!!

Here you are Marky, and anyone else who wants it, the timber processor guy's name is Phil Alderson, he sells these Scandinavian timber processors, from small mobile log splitters through sawbenches up to the full processor you saw here. Also operates the processor on a contract basis, along with a feeder table & 360 for long lengths [his preferred method]. Not sure of the radius of work, imagine he doesn't go far with it on the back of the Steyr!  ;)

He's based just outside Craven Arms in South Shropshire, tel 07974 401 570 or 01584 861 683. Serious enquiries only please!!

Thanks for the information Simon - I'll give him a ring tomorrow  ;)