my other tractor

simong

heres one for you green fans this is my 1941 jd model b

got her in 2001 already restored and she won best tractor in show at rougham wings,wheels and steam show in 2004.

currently restoring a international b250 will post pictures when done hopefully before the woolpit steam rally at the of may

post-1111-132638710403_thumb.jpg

post-1111-132638710409_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

I know the feeling Simon. My 1941 P/P Farmall A is started by handle only and unless it starts within about 3 cranks it then tends to flood and well lets say my temper can get frayed.....especially when a crowd congregates around you at  the shows.

The main thing you need to watch about handle starting is to ensure your thumb is not around the handle since if they kick you could break your wrist. Having said that the handle has on a couple of occasion when starting my cubs come out of the starting dogs and rotated around the underside of my right arm giving me bruises right up my arm.....oh the joys of these pre electric start tractors.