A JOHN DEERE 6910 IS BORN

I have cut two ERTL 6410's in half (in different places to gain bonnet length) and now have to join them together ::) also I have removed the lower steps from the scrap tractor to give three steps on the 6810 ;) ;)

Loads of filling to do now ??? ???

post-96-132638721482_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to rebuild my 6410SE now with smaller wheels as i've nicked them for this ::) ::)

It will be worth it i'm sure though when the 68 and the 64 stand next to each other on my shelf :P :P

On your shelf Paul? Mmm. . . . bit selfish don't you think?! ::)

Like you said mate, this suits the wheels far better. Much better proportionally. Looks like the 6900 I have posted pics of down on the farm I work on too ;)

looking good paul, what do you use to rejoin the chassis then mate? been looking for a good glue for something similar

JB Weld or if you can't find that Araldite rapid steel ;) ;)

I couldn't agree with you more Tris  :'( :'( :'( looks good Paul so is this gonna be finished and painted up by the end of the weekend 8)

Don't expect to see this one before next weekend ::) i'm still filling and sanding :(

Now that does look like a real jem in the making so did it take much work to put it back together then after you dropped it  :o :o you know i'm gonna badger you to make me one of these when its finshed don't you  ;D ;D :-*:-*

Now that does look like a real jem in the making so did it take much work to put it back together then after you dropped it  :o :o you know i'm gonna badger you to make me one of these when its finshed don't you  ;D ;D :-*:-*

No I just stuck it back together then done a bit more filling and sanding ::) ::)