The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

Well Ladies and Gents.. she's arrived...   ;D x 1,000,000

I thought I'd start a topic about her life with me (however long that maybe)... And I'm going to write it so even us 'non-farmers' can understand - so apologies for those 'in the know' who will find some bits boring... but I'm hoping we can all share in ****'s (insert name here) life with me (us)...

So... ordered on January 23rd 2008... she was built 2 weeks ago today in Masseys Beauvais factory (a la France)...

She's a 90hp MF5445 - currently with no name  :o :o :o

Now... a biut like buying a car... when you order a new tractor from Massey you have to choose from a number of options - the list is pretty comprehensive... in fact.. so comprehensive I forgotten most of it  :-[

From memory I chose the following options...

The basic tractor... you can have a classic - billy basic model... or a (dunno what it's called so I'll make it up) Robust one... The classic has things like girly lift arms.. and weaker castings I think.. I was advised to choose the robust version... hook link ends and a much stronger tractor all around...

2wd or 4wd - I chose the 4wd obviously...

manual or electronic shuttle box - I chose the electric shuttle - natty as well... so much better than the clonky old case MXM

Droop Snoot or standard bonnet - i chose the standard... Still wish I hadn't.. droop snoot is more functional - but butt ugly...

Low Profile cab, Visio roof, standard - I chose the standard and added a 'comfort pack' (better seat, buddy seat, air con, radio, adjustable steering column, side Exhaust, better mirrors etc.)

beacons... none, one or two - i chose one... wish I'd chose two now  :-[ :'(

Loader equiped or not - I chose not - then ordered a 945 loader - much to the disgust of the fitters !

Weights - I ordered a full set - plus a belly weight (under the front axle)

Hydraulics... standard or double flow pump - I chose the double flow pump - good for loader work and working the baler faster (from 60ltr/min to 100 ltr/min I believe)

Spools... standard is two... options for 4 - I chose to stay with the standard

trailer brake socket... I chose this

Autohitch or standard - I chose the autohitch...

Dyna 4... or simple (and cheaper) speedshift - I chose the speedhift... much to the annoyance of Puding and Simon  :D :D :-[

I think that's abot all I chose... but I'll add to this when I remember more - I reckon I will have missed a few things off

Anyway... here she is...

DSC_3955.jpg

:D :D :D - Nar just kiding.. goodbye 2640... RIP  :'( :'( :'(

Drum roll....

DSC_3957.jpg

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy Seat...

DSC_3926.jpg

I'm offering rides around the village for a fiver a go  :D :D

Now... first impressions...

WOW... what a ride... she's a real beauty on the road... and handles the baler (which goes well over 3t) with great ease - The tyres currently have 30psi in them..... way to much without the baler on... I had a hard old ride home.. so tommorows job is to drop them down to 25psi for a trial... maybe too low for the baler... but it's going to be trial and error..

She's remarkably light up front... the front tyres are water ballasted.. belly weight and a full set of weights too... I'd have expected her to tip on her nose  :D :D :D

I'll leave it at that for tonight.. I've got a 'modification job' to do tomorrow am.. so she's sat on my drive right now (any excuse really)... I'll take some pics and report on my 'quick fix' tomorrow when it's all done..

As for you Benjamin Sylvia Holmes.... get over here quick and I may let you sniff my diff  ;D:-*

Oh... one last thing... I was hoping we could come up with a name for her as well... shall we have a seperate topic ???

Marky she is a cracker and thanks for informing what a belly weight is as I didn't know.

Is that a hi-vis cab with a glaas roof panel you've got for a front loader and so is that the reason for having less roof lights.

I think you will be satisfied with the speedshift box as you won't do much field work,will you ???

well where expensive brand the masseys are now your pockets must be a bit lighter

They are a touch.. but you get what you pay for... I couldn't buy another brand really now could I  :D :D :-[

Marky she is a cracker and thanks for informing what a belly weight is as I didn't know.

Is that a hi-vis cab with a glaas roof panel you've got for a front loader and so is that the reason for having less roof lights.

I think you will be satisfied with the speedshift box as you won't do much field work,will you ???

Thanks Jamie... nope... thats a visio roof you mean... mines just a standard roof... But I'll not be loading 'high' to need it to be honest... and when I ordered the tractor.. I didn;t know I was going to want a loader anyway  :-[:D :D - blame Rickaaay  >:(:D :D :D

nice one marky ;D pin stripe suit in a tractor sir ;D ;D well i cant see the new smel going away from it as a dont fink she'll be spreadin slurry 8) nice one marky, all the best sir 8)

Thanks Matty.. I'm having a pinstriped boiler suit made at savile row  :D :D :D

Slurry... no way... I won;t even drive past the sewage works on the A14 in this little lady  :D :D :D

I can't believe you never had the extra front work lights looks kinda of stupid without them in the roof personal opinion and you should of had the Dyna gearbox because this one is just awful :( :( :(

I can't believe you never had the extra front work lights looks kinda of stupid without them in the roof personal opinion and you should of had the Dyna gearbox because this one is just awful :( :( :(

I didn;t know about the extra worklights  :-[

As for the gearbox... Well......

Pwwttthhhhhhhh really  :-\ :D :D :D :D

Seriously... it's ok actually... she needs 2nd H to start off... but you can junmp from 2 to 4 no problem... be a different matter tomorow with the bailey behind her i guess  :-\

looks very nice marky so whats next a 8480

Thanks Cerin.... a divorce I think actually  :D :D

Extra work lights in the roof on the front next to the one's you've already got it and would look some much better with them in there  ;) ;)

Agree  :'(

Nice tractor Marky i'll have a thrash round the estate next time i'm up your way :D :D

You really need to find a nice friendly farmer who can lend you a set of cultivators and drop 'em right up to the frame to run her in ::) ::)

Dad always says to make a good'un you have to work her hard from day one cause if you ***** foot around in it and it will always pull like a turd :D :D :D :D :D