new milking parlour in construction

rabh7840

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm surprised you didn't go for a galvanised frame there Rabh - was the cost prohibitive ???

colm galvanisng is an excellent job- but the shed would work out around £15,000 dearer as weve only got 4 bays so far but making it 6 bays once the old buildings are taken away, we put a slurry store up last year, a silo and parlour this year and we thought we would save a few quid there, the only galvanised shed within 5 miles of me is a millionare developers store for diggers etc.

colm galvanising is an excellent job- but the shed would work out around £15,000 dearer as we've only got 4 bays so far but making it 6 bays once the old buildings are taken away, we put a slurry store up last year, a silo and parlour this year and we thought we would save a few quid there, the only galvanised shed within 5 miles of me is a millionare developers store for diggers etc.

Understand where you are coming from mate - so will you be okay when this parlour progresses - can you still work away in the old one until its done or are you drying off so as to have no delays ???

Understand where you are coming from mate - so will you be okay when this parlour progresses - can you still work away in the old one until its done or are you drying off so as to have no delays ???

the old parlour is on the other side of the yard when the new ones done we can go straight to it and then take the old one away- if you get what i mean! youd lose some money drying them all off! :D

the whole dairy herd!!! thatll cost some money to replace!!!

all he kept was few calves and young heifers and dried some good cows.

He now has got 40 heifers ready to step into the parlour when it comes, the 8 dry cows and 12 young claves  ;) ;)

the old parlour is on the other side of the yard when the new ones done we can go straight to it and then take the old one away- if you get what i mean! youd lose some money drying them all off! :D

I thought as much to be honest - us beef and tillage men have some things to learn :D :D

all he kept was few calves and young heifers and dried some good cows.

He now has got 40 heifers ready to step into the parlour when it comes, the 8 dry cows and 12 young claves  ;) ;)

expensive job to be at is his parlour where the old one was??

• 4 weeks later...

Whats the latest Rab  ??? ??? any update.......

building the walls at the minute the silo is finished and half filled with 2nd cut 2 weeks ago tonight and the builder is off sick, the roof is to go on the shed this week all being well we contacted the parlour floor specailast up your way tonight so hes coming to have a look, pics soon ;)

building the walls at the minute the silo is finished and half filled with 2nd cut 2 weeks ago tonight and the builder is off sick, the roof is to go on the shed this week all being well we contacted the parlour floor specailast up your way tonight so hes coming to have a look, pics soon ;)

good lad, Erwins boys strolled in this week to fit the one here  ;D ;D

• 3 weeks later...

the two feeder walls are the short ones up each side of the pit, they have to have 6 inch pipes built through them and the feeeder box will be on the back of the wall, transfering the meal through the pipe into the manger which will be on the front of the wall where the cow stands