Deutz Tractor

punk

Looking at the pictures in the eBay listing it is difficult to tell if this is actually a Deutz Allis as there is no decal on the side of the roof so that would arouse my suspicions immediately but, on the other hand, being in the States it could be right and that the decal had become detatched but again, if it is genuine, sureley, an attempt would have been made by the seller to stick it back on.  :-\  These, like the yellow and black Vermere round baler, were made for the US market. The tractor is a Deutz DX110 produced in the 'straw' box  between 1978 and 1983. The first version driver had a blue coat and the lift lever was inside the cab and you had to remove the cab to operate the lever and the rear wheels were MF595 type.  The second version had a driver in a red coat and the lift lever re-positioned allowing it to be operated from outside the cab. 3rd version was the same as 2 but fitted with Heston type rear wheels (slotted centres. 595 type were solid centres).  4th and last version had plastic linkage instead of the previous metal links, the driver had a creamy-white coat and the front wheels were Ford TW-20 style.

A little too comprehensive descriptions possibly, but worth noting and looking out for when purchasing an unboxed example (of any Britain's tractor model) especially when potentially paying good money for a wrong un.

appreciate the information as i was wondering about the description offered and i did notice that there was no decal on the side of the cab which did arouse a little suspicion - again thanks  - but i guess the buyer must be happy enough      - though with postage added it does add to the price

Model number should be 5560.

Saw this when it first came up on ebay, not a bad price for a boxed second version Dx 110, the Deutz Allis would be about 10 times that price  ;)

I'd be a bit dissapointed when it turned up, expecting a Deutz Allis  :o

This may sound strange

The seller is american I take it

If so he has described it rightly    sort of

They were Deutz Allis    over there  So that is what they call them

Its only this side of the pond that we don't associate them with allis

The code he has described is for the DX 110 as he says 

This may sound strange

The seller is american I take it

If so he has described it rightly     sort of

They were Deutz Allis    over there   So that is what they call them

Its only this side of the pond that we don't associate them with allis

The code he has described is for the DX 110 as he says 

He has the box, so why describe it incorrectly ???

He has the box, so why describe it incorrectly ???

::) ::)

Over there they call them Deutz Allis Not Deutz Fahr.  He says that it is a DX110 which it is    Not a DX92    And he gives the code as 9526 Which is the correct one for a britains DX110    Not the other that is 5560 and in a totaly different box.