ANGUS AGRICULTURAL SHOW at BRECHIN inc VINTAGE TRACTORS SAT 7th JUNE

BC

Some excellent events in your area lately by the look of it Bill  :) Congratulations on winning your class.

There are lots of very nice exhibits on show there ! 

The first first of the rally season so I'm kinda happy with that. That's the 3rd event for me this year so far 1/3 gone already  :(.

Nothing next weekend unless I travel down to Berwick to see JDC at his show but I'm afraid I'll be giving that a miss this year purely on the rising cost of fuel. I need to get the front garden planted out so that will be my task for next weekend.

The next show in my area is in two weeks and thats the Bonaccord Steam and Vintage Fair held at Castle Fraser near Kemnay. There are tractors there but it is really a steam event and there is only one class for all tractors of all ages be they petrol / parafinn or diesel. I'll go along whatever since the folks jsut stay a few miles from the castle.

http://www.bonaccordsteamclub.co.uk/index.html

Excellent pics Bill and sorry I never made it to the show......

Dave Carnegie's lorries and Dougie Mitchell's look a treat...... :)

What dealer was showing the Massey's, was it Alan Mackay?

Yes the lorry show was good. I didn't manage to get deatils of any winners but I assume there will be details in some of the local papers... the Courier perhaps ???

I'm afraid I didn't catch who the Massey dealer was Martin.

Super pics Bill... thanks for taking the time to post them up for us mate...

Loving the Masseys (no surprise there then) ... But I have to say... the fendt's seem to get uglier as they go up the range in size... that huge one is pretty hideous to look at

And I always thought you liked your greens Mark ... being in that kinda business ;D ;D

Nice set of photos there - spectators seem thin on the ground though ???

I was down at the show and unloaded by 7.40 am and had a good look around early on so I could get photos before the crowds arrived Colm. By lunchtime the place was busy and the beer tent was doing extremly well due to the hot day. I could have murdered a pint but I had to drive home so I had to wait until then ;D ;D

Yes the lorry show was good. I didn't manage to get deatils of any winners but I assume there will be details in some of the local papers... the Courier perhaps ???

I'm afraid I didn't catch who the Massey dealer was Martin.

No worries Bill......I would think it would be Alan as I can't think of the next nearest Massey dealer......

Aye results may well be in The Courier or Forfar Dispatch, will keep my eyes peeled for them for you...... :) :)

No worries Bill......I would think it would be Alan as I can't think of the next nearest Massey dealer......

Aye results may well be in The Courier or Forfar Dispatch, will keep my eyes peeled for them for you...... :) :)

If you could that would be great Martin

Thanks for the pictures bill. thought my mate was joking when he said he had traded in his deere for a claas  but by the first picture from sellars of the 640 he clearly has wait till I see him in the summer.

I was talking to Bill Orr of Finavon who had the MM and also and IH W9 and thrashing mill. He had a Deutz pulling the mill on a trailer and he was a JD man but is getting seriously cheesed off with JD. His main gripes are price plus oil heating up in the back end and being charged a fortune under warranty since JD charge for consumables.

we went from deutz to deeres we have never real had any big problems with any of them we have just traded in a 6410 we have had it a couple of years and we haven't real lost on the price we payed for it. If you ever go to nethertons if you go into jim carr's office you will see a couple of my conversions.

we went from deutz to deeres we have never real had any big problems with any of them we have just traded in a 6410 we have had it a couple of years and we haven't real lost on the price we payed for it. If you ever go to nethertons if you go into jim carr's office you will see a couple of my conversions.

I must have a look in past there sometime Pete. In gact that is very close to Bill Orrs farm at Finavon. I must visit him to view his 100 odd tractors and 30 odd threshing mills

ye its not far at all allan smith that tractor yo had a pic of has a few others we hire his dung spreaders and he used to work with us at the tatties.

Small world isn't it Pete. I was talking to both Alan and his son at Brechin. In addition they had a tracked VF fowler with them which they bought in a poor poor state a few years ago at Ian Beverley's sale of crawlers at Cupar Angus and everyone thought he was mad given the state it was in.

i young allan works for Ian stirling who has a farm next to us we also do there silage wrapping for them. Allan senior has just bought a new  Newholland to replace a fergie that always was in the workshop.

Yes Pete I remember young Allan saying his father was having problems with the Fergie last year when he was up at the Oldmeldrum show last year on route to view an Oliver tractor he was considering buying. I didn't realise the son owned quite a lot of vintage tractors.

What's the Germany connection ( may I ask ) Pete in your profile if farming in Scotland ???

What a show!!!

I'd have loved to have gone to that show Bill, from Axion to Farmall's from R series to Bedford CA's. .. ... what an eclectic collection of vehicles spanning what, 100 years nearly?!! A shame to miss it.  :(

What a show!!!

I'd have loved to have gone to that show Bill, from Axion to Farmall's from R series to Bedford CA's. .. ... what an eclectic collection of vehicles spanning what, 100 years nearly?!! A shame to miss it.  :(

First time I've been Tris and I was impressed and i will be back  ;D ;D. There was also tractor pulling on the Friday night. Never managed to vist the livestock side of things though :(

I dont work full time on the farm now. I only get to work on my holidays as i am in the Army am base in gutersloh so only get to farm a couple of weeks a year now although most of my friends are farmers. One of my mates are the geddes so they have quite a bit of kit. You might have seen some of the cattle of the farm that i work at. if you see allan just tell him you were speaking to Peter that works for Jim Muirhead.

I dont work full time on the farm now. I only get to work on my holidays as i am in the Army am base in gutersloh so only get to farm a couple of weeks a year now although most of my friends are farmers. One of my mates are the geddes so they have quite a bit of kit. You might have seen some of the cattle of the farm that i work at. if you see allan just tell him you were speaking to Peter that works for Jim Muirhead.

Thanks Peter I now understand the Germany and Angus connection. I'll probably see Allan at the Glamis Extravagana in approximately a months time so I will have a chat with him.. small small world isn't it  ;D ;D