Quite a contrast !

JohnP

He explained that him and his mate had done 600 sheep that week but just him on his own he didn't want the hassle and noise of a generator etc (this was by the side of the A170 between Pickering and Scarborough). It was causing a bit of interest amongst the passing traffic !

As for the contrast, I'd earlier caught these working near Driffield...

post-256-132638754342_thumb.jpg

post-256-132638754346_thumb.jpg

And just to prove that we do have good weather "up t'north" this was a pleasant view over Danby late on. But it looks like I've got to relearn how to resize my pics for the new server !

(Hull City in the Premier league...who would have believed it !!!)

post-256-13263875436_thumb.jpg

Were the sunflowers cover crops for game John??

That drill looks like one of the ones from NZ which Ol showed us pictures of a couple of years ago..... It's certainly a long way from home if it is......

Were the sunflowers cover crops for game John??

That drill looks like one of the ones from NZ which Ol showed us pictures of a couple of years ago..... It's certainly a long way from home if it is......

It is indeed one of those drill Jason, they are available over here but he cost tends to put a lot of people off them as they aren't cheap. There was a featue on a chap who had bought one in a magazine a few months back (Profi I think) and he swears by it, sure he was from up that way somewhere

Crosslot!!! Where I was in NZ had one, 3m on an old 926. Brilliant drills, Jonathon Dryland who I was working for helped pioneer them in NZ I think, pity he couldn't pioneer his agri-con business though and keep me in a job!!  ::)

I knew someone would have seen that type of sdrill before !

thanks for the info

I'll check up on the crop later in the year, F-P., but over the last few years we have got more and more patches of cover/feed for the wildlife (sponsored by the EC, I guess ?)

I've got a few more pics to post sometime, but it'll have to wait until I'm back from sunny Y Fali