North West of England Tractor Show

robbo

Some of you may have seen this on page 18 of the latest Classic Tractor mag but for those of you who don't get it there is to be an inaugural North West of England tractor show at Myerscough college, Bilsborrow, near Garstang, Lancashire on the weekend of 28th/29th June.

As well as the main exhibits which include a full range of the MF 500 series tractors I believe that G & M Farm Models will have their wares on display.

Having been a student in the past at Myerscough I am sure that there will be many other exhibits and stands and it will be a great weekend.

I will certainly be there on one of the days, probably the Sunday, as it is only 45 minutes from where I live

robbo

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I am certainly taking the camera but whether I see any of the tractors or I spend all my time on G & M's stall is by no means certain  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I will post any pictures as and when I get back

robbo

Yes I am certainly taking the camera but whether I see any of the tractors or I spend all my time on G & M's stall is by no means certain  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I will post any pictures as and when I get back

robbo

Excellent Rbbo look forward to seeing them. PS tell Graham & Michelle I'm asking for them and I'll see them at lanark in September assuming they are coming up again.

Just got back from the show and took over 70 photos, don't worry I won't post them all.....at least not all in one go anyway  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The theme for the show was Massey Ferguson (should keep 'is Lordship happy) but there were plenty of others there as well.

I'll start with a couple of interior shots

Myerscoughtractors076.jpg

Myerscoughtractors077.jpg

lineup of the MF 500 series

Myerscoughtractors012.jpg

and from the other side

Myerscoughtractors016.jpg

Didn't get the story with this one but I think it had won a few trophys

Myerscoughtractors007.jpg

Myerscoughtractors008.jpg

Zetor were also represented

Myerscoughtractors006.jpg

I am sure that this one has been featured in Classic Tractor and is the only one in the UK

Myerscoughtractors020.jpg

I believe that this was a Mercedes

Myerscoughtractors027.jpg

One of the few "classic" Internationals there

Myerscoughtractors032.jpg

A couple of green ones

Myerscoughtractors033.jpg

This is another that has featured in Classic Tractor, its smaller brother, the 500, was alongside it

Myerscoughtractors034.jpg

I seem to remember that somebody on here is building a Ford 3000

Myerscoughtractors038.jpg

Can't remember what this one is  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Myerscoughtractors040.jpg

The sign on this Jones Baler said that he had bought it at auction and the only other bidder was a scrap man

Myerscoughtractors042.jpg

Nice pics  ;):) :)

Is that implement a snow blower thing  :-\ :-\ :-\

right first time, that quiz didn't last long did it  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

The info sheet in the window said it had been parked up in a barn in Huddersfield for 10 years waiting for enough snow, eventually the owner got fed up of waiting, put a new battery on the tractor and it started first time  :o :o :o :o

robbo

My word Robbo that Nuffield does look immaculate but I'm afraid i'm going to have to be my unsual critical self again and say its overdone...... there are a lot of shiny bits that originally would not have been on the tractor when it left the factory... brassy looking bonnet catches and rear wheel studs to name but a few. Having said that that is a restorers license and he can do as he pleases. Obviously whoever has restored this tractor has put a great deal of time and effort into it. I really would like to see this tractor in the flesh thought but my preference in tractor restoration is originality.

Looks to have been a nice show with varying exhibits. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.