Recent Travels - Updated 23rd AUGUST

CX820Joe

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics there Joe, it's obviously your turn to get the better weather now as we're nowhere near getting cutting again thanks to the damp/rain........

Looks like a big snouted Massey carting off from the 460 too........ ;) ;)

Very nice pictures also the area looks great.

texas

Thanks both for the comments...It is a particularly good arable area, though a lot of the crop around there looked past its best; the field opposite where the Lexion and 1188 were had been started and left for some reason...

I do have a photo of the Massey, I'll post it up :)

nice pics Joe!!, good to see them out in the nice weather ;D, a few were back in action here, but not much left and i didnt get any pics >:(

Love the dust trails hanging in the air Joe, the sunlight caught them a treat. Like the shot of the Axial Flow coming over the hill too  8)

Thanks you guys, it was another quite profitable day, and they were mostly new machines to those that have been previously posted...

I was quite chuffed at how some of them came out, especially the JD 1188; I did take others of the 9780 that had it almost completely obscured by dust! :)  The Axial Flow sounded amazing, as I've probably said before, lovely throaty roar from its Cummins engine!

Thank you :)

Its not been a bad season, there are still a few fields left to be cut, including a few not too far out of town; a trailer was sitting in one of them as I came back earlier so I'll go and see if anything is working later, though won't be surprised if not after the rain last night - but you never know!

Want to get to rednal as well and catch the Fortschritt E517 and see whats happening with the Volvo S950 - I'd love to get photos of that working!

A trailer sitting in an un-cut wheat field aroused my suspicions on the bus home earlier, so at about 6pm off I went and lo and behold the field was half cut by these two:

P1010469.jpg

P1010470.jpg

P1010472.jpg

P1010473.jpg

P1010480.jpg

Then I moved on and saw this JD 7920 pulling up a field (not sure what the implement was exactly :-\):

P1010483.jpg

Brillant pics Joe, all finshed the weat down here now. Amazing how much you have left up there. I should no this but i have forgoten. Where abouts are you?   :) :)

I know, there's plenty still to be done...am in Shrewsbury, Shropshire - most of these pics in the thread taken between here and Ellesmere, I really ought to broaden my horizons!

There doesn't seem to be that much in the way of beans/peas though, so once wheat is in it'll be combine famine for next nine or ten months :'(

There are a couple of fields I was half expecting to see the CX820 cut...well they were being done this evening, but not by the CX :(  However, what was working was just as good, still a New Holland, but a TX65:

P1010543.jpg

I sat myself on a Tree stump expecting the combine to go around the small field...but next thing I knew....

P1010546.jpg

P1010547.jpg

P1010548.jpg

P1010549.jpg

P1010551.jpg

Note the duals...

So then it turned a little and cleared the bit around the gate...

P1010552.jpg

P1010553.jpg

Then it was off into the neighbouring field...

P1010555.jpg

P1010556.jpg

P1010559.jpg

To unload into a trailer behind a NH up the field

P1010560.jpg

And that was it for the night.

Met a Land Rover towing a red header when I got back into Ellesmere, and following was a Y reg Laverda M152 (it is in this thread somewhere), but I wasn't prepared enough to get a pic, and it was pretty dark.  It didn't half sound good though!

Nice Joe, love those TX's........Good to see another one with newer decals........Interesting that it has dual wheels, looks quite American set up like that ........ :) :)

I thought of you when I saw it Mate, nice to catch another New Holland so late on...

Archived