Recent Travels - Updated 23rd AUGUST

CX820Joe

I suppose these could go into various other threads but thought I'd put them all in one of my own, if thats OK.  Firstly, this derelict looking Clayson I spotted in a barn on an apparently abandoned farm:

DSCF0860.jpg

Then seen later the same day (last Saturday) was this New Holland and Grass Harrow:

DSCF0861.jpg

Now to todays sighting; there are plenty of cut fields but very little about; I did see a Claas green Valtra with a forage wagon coming out of a field but was on a busy road so couldn't take a snap.  But luck changed when I took a back lane from Welshampton to Ellesmere and was met by a TM155 with a trailer full of silage...a little further on, I found the Forager.  First some 'scenic' photos:

DSCF0868.jpg

DSCF0870.jpg

DSCF0871.jpg

More to follow...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now some close ups of the Jaguar 900 Green Eye  :)

DSCF0872.jpg

DSCF0874.jpg

DSCF0875.jpg

DSCF0876.jpg

DSCF0878.jpg

One of the TM's on collecting duty:

DSCF0879.jpg

Hope you like.  There's a Fiatagri carting silage through Ellesmere too, so I'll pop and see if I can find out where its collecting from.  If it doesn't p!ss down! :D

Excellent pics Joe......Is that an old TW or 10 Series Ford I see with the silage trailer there too...... ;D;)

Mart - I'm fairly sure its a 7910 - it was an odd shaped field and the spot I picked was quite a way from the gate, where the tractors had to go through another field to get to this one so didn't see it properly sorry.

Regarding the F115 - I think it may have finished now, although the thunderstorm we just had may have been a factor - so therefore I didn't go to investigate - you can see why from this:

DSCF0882.jpg

Superb pics mate, you live close to where I work (Wem Motors). On my lunch hour I often go for a drive around that area for a nose to see what I can find. Some of the lanes are stupidly thin and narrow though. :D

Superb pics mate, you live close to where I work (Wem Motors). On my lunch hour I often go for a drive around that area for a nose to see what I can find. Some of the lanes are stupidly thin and narrow though. :D

Too true!  Though the lane I went down where the 900 was working was extremely quiet, didn't see a single car!

Went through Wem yesterday evening - headed up to Whixall for a walk along the canal/moss.  Had much better weather though!

Too true!  Though the lane I went down where the 900 was working was extremely quiet, didn't see a single car!

Went through Wem yesterday evening - headed up to Whixall for a walk along the canal/moss.  Had much better weather though!

Hope you didnt get lost in whixhall, what a mare of a place to get around. It has a reputation of people getting lost for hours, me included.

Hope you didnt get lost in whixhall, what a mare of a place to get around. It has a reputation of people getting lost for hours, me included.

I took a map!  It was a bit of a maze though.  Was OK as soon as I found the lifting canal bridge by Furbers scrapyard.

Must just add - have seen the 900 going back through Ellesmere, and just a moment ago a stunning looking TW-35 with Buck Rake! :o

• 1 month later...

Not seen any combines in this part of the world, not working anyway, but did see this working near Ellesmere about half an hour ago, for all you green fans:

P1010045.jpg

P1010047.jpg

There were four Tractors carting, three JD's (a 6630, 6520 and 6320 w/Quicke loader) and also this Ford 7840:

P1010049.jpg

Filling the 7840's trailer:

P1010053.jpg

Despite the 4 trailers, the forager was spending considerable periods waiting for empty ones, it was sat for about 15 minutes at one stage till they returned.  I think that was why they were strengthened by this MF 7475:

P1010056.jpg

Sorry its not the best photo; I'd put the camera away when it arrived, and hurriedly switched it on again when it showed up, but like the rest of the tractors it took off down the field so was tricky; light wasn't wonderful either, but hope you like the pics all the same :)

Give me the 78 any day!! Nice pics Joe, the trailers look a fair size. I'm yet to see a JD forager working, newer than a 6850!! It's all Claas down here with a NH and a Krone thrown in for good measure.

Give me the 78 any day!! Nice pics Joe, the trailers look a fair size. I'm yet to see a JD forager working, newer than a 6850!! It's all Claas down here with a NH and a Krone thrown in for good measure.

Claas most common around here too, I think the same guy had an older JD previously, though I think it might have been the larger 7400.  Would love to see a Big X in action though.

Nice wee selection of pics there Joe......Nothing like bringing in a Massey to keep things going...... ;)

Good to see they're keeping the 78 in there with all the green and yellow......

Cheers Mart, it was nice to see the Massey; very patriotic with the Welsh flag too!

Archived