Fairfield Farming(under construction)

ctsboy

Well i thought it was time i joined the masses ;D

And what better time than while i'm stuck at home after my accident.

So here s Fairfield Farming(well the start anyway).A little background it is a large scale arable company growing 5000acres of combinable crops and 800acres of root crops.

First up a store not sure yet wether it will be for grain or potatoes. I have come to a standstill now as i have run out of materials.

post-206-132638772549_thumb.jpg

post-206-132638772567_thumb.jpg

Well Gav you may just be right it is based on where i work in a fashion, may branch into different root crops on the layout though. Al though 1 big similarity is both run top quality kit ;D ;D

Well Gav you may just be right it is based on where i work in a fashion, may branch into different root crops on the layout though. Al though 1 big similarity is both run top quality kit ;D ;D

That would be neat James,I grow onions and carrots on my carpet/in my head.

Thanks for all the replies. Got the good lady wife to take me to a local model shop tomorrow so will be able to crack on. The building bug has got me well and truely been measuring up in the garage tonite. Plenty of room. Just need to ram raid a timber merchant to get the wood for baseboards ;D8)

Well at work which this is losely based on we have to JD 9880 sts with 30ft headers, last year with it being wet we hired a JD cts as well. I have 1 sts on the model so far but also have at Case 8010afx but hope to get the new JD this season.

I'm still wondering where to 'set' my contractor firm; ideally base it on the local area, but I reckon the Lexion 600 with 30' header would be too big for Shropshire!  So I'm wondering if a 580 would be more appropriate, as I have actually seen one of these (and nearly got squashed by it!).  2 Tucano's would make ideal stable mates methinks  ;)

By new JD, do you mean the 9880i?

Hi Joe

I have the 9880i at the minute, i think and i'm sure someone on here will correct me if i'm wrong but i think Britains/ertl are releasing the new S690 later in the year.

Don't think a 600 would be to big for you well depends were abouts you are , i know of people that way with sts combines, but i agree to Tucanos would be a nice team. If i didn't have dark green blood in my vanes i would opt for Claas combines.

Hi Joe

I have the 9880i at the minute, i think and i'm sure someone on here will correct me if i'm wrong but i think Britains/ertl are releasing the new S690 later in the year.

Don't think a 600 would be to big for you well depends were abouts you are , i know of people that way with sts combines, but i agree to Tucanos would be a nice team. If i didn't have dark green blood in my vanes i would opt for Claas combines.

Ah, yes I'd seen the range had been given new numbers (they change so often its hard to keep up with them!).  When you said about STS combines round here, it reminded me that I saw one in action last year:

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=17132.msg297236#msg297236

I did take more photos of it but can't find them, so not sure how big the header on it was; I have got a 9880 sitting on the shelf, though it would be nice to see ERTL/Britains (or anyone else for that matter) do a walker combine, W540 or something similar...