Romney marsh ploughing match june the 28th

marshman

Right here we go again

Romney marsh ploughing match to be held at

Cutters bridge grain store

Nr midley cottages

Old romney

the 16th of march one was canncled due to the weather, this one is going to go what ever the weather

Its going to be held on saturday the 28th june 2008

please come and support our ploughing match as we are trying to bring it back after not having it for 50years

entrance is £5.00 adults

£2.50oaps (yes that includes you markey)  :-X:-*:-* :-*:-:-*

Children under 16 free  and we hope to about 80-90 ploughs

it may not be as big as the march one was going to be but if we dont have one this year then we think we will lose a lot of support for agri dealers etc

any more infor pm for our phone number  ;):)

They want the ground ploughed reasonably stright Bill - can't have him there straying into the next competitors plot :D :D

Oh well Colm but I always thought practice makes perfection... I didn't thing Marky had given up on the ploughing lark just yet ???

Oh well Colm but I always thought practice makes perfection... I didn't thing Marky had given up on the ploughing lark just yet ???

Quite true Bill - let's see what he does this year :D :D Maybe Gav can be his coach if he lasts more than 5 minutes :D :D

Unusual time for a ploughing match Adam - have you got many competitors yet ???

Quite true Bill - let's see what he does this year :D :D Maybe Gav can be his coach if he lasts more than 5 minutes :D :D

Unusual time for a ploughing match Adam - have you got many competitors yet ???

it is a odd time, but we had to get a ploughing match under our belt, the last 2 were canncel due to weather/landowner changing her mind  >:( We still have support. Also we have all the cups ingraved costing about £500 with 2008 on. We have about 19 trade stands at the mo and 55 plough men/women. Not many but not bad i spose for a match that was organised in very short notice ;):) :)

oh and MARKEY FERGUSON HAS TO COME   :D;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

well had a brillant weekend, could have done with a shower to dampen the dust, i take it no one came on here. Lots of ploughmen/women but no as many public we had hoped for. Now to start planning for next year  : ::);)

I'm glad it was a success and the weather was fine Adam. Any photo's to share with us ??? ???

I'm glad it was a success and the weather was fine Adam. Any photo's to share with us ??? ???

thanks bc, sorry no pics because i forgot the cammra  >:( we could have gone to get it on the friday as we only live about 3miles from the field but we were camping and it would have been a waste just to go and get the camra as we had enough to get ready for saturday :D;):)