DeWitt Farms

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Many thanks guys :) :) :) I am hoping to join this one up with a bigger display in the future since I do not have the room for a full display unless I were to get rid of one of my bookshelves and then where would i put the book?  ???:D :D My hope for this display is that as soon as the weather cooperates I can take it outside for pictures. In the future I also plan on replacing the Ertl lean-toos and building my own but the material I need is expensive but I can get it for free from a guy who uses it for large projects and I can take it after he's done.  Here are two pictures of us doing High moisture corn.

Luke

103_0426.jpg

103_0424.jpg

if i could get more fergy stuff in that scale i would try a 64th layout in the loft to, could make a huge layout in the same spaces  as my 32nd one

I know what you mean, but for me it would have to be Fendt stuff. Ertl does make some great models in that scale, I just wish there would not be so many different scales. (1:64, 1:76, 1:87 etc.)

Never the less looking at this awsome pictures I am tempted to try it any ways. Luke this is a great layout  8) 8) and you should be proud of it.

• 2 months later...

I couldn't stop at just a few changes... I had to change everything  :D;D

It started out with this...

100_1185.jpg

Then it turned into this....

103_0717.jpg

Then I took this display...

100_0891-1.jpg

And did this...

103_0716.jpg

I just couldn't stop myself  :D :D My second display has quite a ways to go. As you can see I am working on a workshop and towards the back I am working on a grain leg system with a triple stack grain dryer. It's moving along slowly but surely.  ;) Thanks for looking,

Luke

Thanks guys, I appreciate it  ;):) :)

Smallclaas: I kind of miss the maize but I got started on it and it was a pain to stick even that small amount of tooth picks into the foam board. I think that picture was taken right before my cat knocked it over so that's when I decided to rebuild it differently and after that was done I decided to take down the big barn display and redo that one as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I have never really done a full journal with story line before so here is my first one. Just to note the shop in the picture is nowhere near finished. I used foam board for the siding do that I can get an idea of how it will look before I use styrene. It will be my first time working with it so wish me luck. I plan on adding an office and storage area to it as well.

Well it may be winter but things haven’t slowed down one bit at the farm. We recently sent the Case 8010 combine off to the dealer because there was an incident involving the bin extension and after being on the farm for about 6 years it has seen plenty of ground. We are still up in the air as what to get, the dealer has said that he has two 7088’s coming in so if we need to rent one they will have some in stock until we can make an official decision. The salesman said that it may be smaller than the 8010 but it should be a good temporary fill until we find a permanent replacement. A bit 9020 sounds appropriate but we will see what’s on the lot for a demo when the item comes.

We are officially saying goodbye to the 16 row New Holland corn planter. We have had no complaints about this planter and it has really done a great job but with the farm being so large and the rising costs of virtually everything we want to get the most use out of our equipment. We pulled her into the shop with the 8440 then a couple of the crew members started checking her out before going to the dealer later this week. We have decided a new 16 row Kinze planter with interplants will be a great replacement because if we were to fall behind on soybeans we have an extra planter to help the air seeder and at the same time we are not losing a corn planter if things stay on schedule. Our main reason for keeping a 16 row to help the 36 row DB-90 is that we also own quite a few smaller fields that would be ridiculous for the DB to even get into.

Another load of gravel arrived for the shop entrance so the 8630 with blade was used for that. We were considering pavement but decided that the cost was not necessary at this time so maybe down the road we may consider it. The plan is to eventually expand the shop to help store more equipment and possibly to house a paint area for the farms restoration projects. That is about it for now until the snow melts.

103_0839.jpg

103_0840.jpg

103_0885.jpg

103_0886.jpg

103_0888.jpg

103_0889.jpg