Turriff Show

robl12

Who will be attending Turriff show this year?

It is on the 3rd and 4th August.

Will be going both days this year, it is actually the biggest 2 day show in Scotland.

Am helping set up one of the exibits on the Saturday for a local Berkshire pig breeder who has been given a special invitation to bring some of his pigs along. He is taking along a sow plus her litter plus 2 porkers and a in pig sow so I am helping him get them all there. No pigs are show and is a first for pigs to be at turriff show.

Well I haven't been to the Turra show in years Rob. It clashes with the Garioch rally at Oldmeldrum which I have attended for many years. I know the show draws a lot of tractor people but most of them are in it for free entry to the show and the £ 20 per exhibit appearance money. The show has never been blessed with good weather so it a no for me Rob.

Yeah was a disaster last year with the ground ending up about 2 ft under water and also foot and mouth the day before the show.

I have got free entry due to the fact I am helping with the pigs.

It's a certainly well named show ground "The haughs" ;D ;D

Oh yes, Last year they had to use the tractors on the trade stands to get everyone out  :o

Hopefully it will be nicer this year, weekend after is my brothers wedding on the saturday the Keith show on the sunday / Monday should be at that as well at least one day.

Oh yes, Last year they had to use the tractors on the trade stands to get everyone out  :o

Hopefully it will be nicer this year, weekend after is my brothers wedding on the saturday the Keith show on the sunday / Monday should be at that as well at least one day.

I used to do Keith but not any longer. Haven't went back since the year car and tractor were towed into the show.

• 1 month later...

All ready for the show tomorrow. Early start though 6am :( as I will be helping shift some Berkshire pigs to the show. Will get loads of pictures for you all there both days so will get some of the livestock as well.

Not sure if it will be at the show but the local Fendt dealer have sat at the back of there yard a 9 series Fendt in Hellblau Blue if it is not there will go in by and get a pic ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well Turriff show went rather well this year, it rained on the saturday and there was a few showers on the Sunday morning but in general dry. I had an early start on show day 4:50 as I had to get the float to Insch to load up the pigs to get to the show ground for around 8. All went well getting there, well got the pigs settled in and the display set up then I was free to have a wonder around. There was about 20,000 people there on th Sunday. I managed to get a few pictures not as many as I would have liked as the battery was dead on the camera on the Monday and I didn't have my phone again. :'( :'(. Starting with the Balgownie stand who are our local Massey and Merlo dealers.

Balgownie1.jpg

Balgownie2.jpg

Ther other dealers there that I didn't get pictures of were Ross Agri the Fendt and Valtra dealer. Marrs of Methlick the Zetor, Landini and Decei dealers. Groundwater the Manitou dealers, HRN the John Deere dealers. AM Phillip the case and JCB dealers and also SCOT jcb.

It was a Solitair 9 on the back of the Axion 4m version. There was a very good selection of livestock there, the Aberdeen Angus Society held the annual show there as did the charolais sheep society. Strathisla Nugget was the overall cattle champion he is from out near Banff, Greens of Corskie were there as well with about 10 of the Corskie herd. There was also quite a big forestry display showing off a wood chipping machine that was on a reverse drive Fendt 930. The pellets from this are used for heating.

No this is true. Alfie Cheyne had Jubilee there. They had all the vintage tractors in the Turriff united car park so everything stayed nice and clean. It was a mud bath on the monday when we packed up. a round bale of straw went down before we could move the trailers.

No this is true. Alfie Cheyne had Jubilee there. They had all the vintage tractors in the Turriff united car park so everything stayed nice and clean. It was a mud bath on the monday when we packed up. a round bale of straw went down before we could move the trailers.

Nothing worse when things get messed up. I was at Oldmeldrum but only had the Cub. It was fine till around 2.30 3pm then the heavens broke. Luckily it cleared up and was dry again by the time we got loaded up for home.

Yeah had hassle getting back in on the Monday too as I left to take the wife and kids home and when I went back I was told I had to wait until after 5:30 to take out livestock. Ended up with the show staff and cheif steward getting involved to get me in. Rennies the contractors were on hand to pull out anyone who got stuck.