MASSEY HARRIS TRACTOR WORKING DAY AT GUTHRIE IN ANGUS 20/07/2008

BC

Well today I set off early and went 50 miles down the road to a place called Guthrie which is between Brechin and Forfar in Angus. The location was the farm of Ian Robertson of Hilton of Guthrie a Massey Harris  tractor collector and to day was his charity working open day of mainly Massey Harris tractors with some International’s too. I arrived before 9 am to have a good look around and see his and the incoming exhibits. First to arrive was Steven Robson from the Chain Bridge Honey Farm in Berwick ( JDC’s patch) with his 1960 ERF 8 wheeler with a Massey Harris and Case tractor on board.

Guthrie2008001.jpg

Guthrie2008002.jpg

Guthrie2008005.jpg

Guthrie2008003.jpg

Guthrie2008004.jpg

Guthrie2008006.jpg

Moving on

Whats this a new Massey... Ian said he didn't like the new ones prefering Case and IH ;D ;D

Guthrie2008031.jpg

Ian first new tractor purchase a David Brown

Guthrie2008032.jpg

One for Pistol Pete.... The two Allan Smith's from Arbroath arriving with their 1927 Wallis. Runnning but has radiator problems at present

Guthrie2008033.jpg

Moving on in the field

Guthrie2008036.jpg

Guthrie2008034.jpg

Guthrie2008035.jpg

well bill you were only a couple of miles from my house as I live in Friockheim when i am home. nice to see a pic of alans big ford as nobody at home could remember the size of it. I think that Ians son is Hamish a lad that i went to the young farmers with.

Great pics Bill  :D :D :D there are some Track Marshalls in some of the early pics, one looks like a TM70 and the other a TM 100 or similar, seeing as I am a fan of the TM range have you any more of them  :-\ :-\ :-\

ta

robbo

Some lovely pics there Bill.. many thanks for sharing mate... I love them all... but that little pony on the grass tyres looks a real stunner... as does the well restored 4wd (the red one)  :P :P

I'm not sure who owns that Pony on grass tyres Mark but yes it was well restored as was Rab Birrell's 4 WD "red one". I've never seen so many Massey Harris tractors and implements in one place so it was nice to see. I hope Ian makes it a yearly event and adds more International's too since I would not mind having another shotty with my Cub and Ransome trailing plough ;D ;D

well bill you were only a couple of miles from my house as I live in Friockheim when i am home. nice to see a pic of alans big ford as nobody at home could remember the size of it. I think that Ians son is Hamish a lad that i went to the young farmers with.

It looked a nice part of the country Peter but it was a bit windy but at least it was dry. A really nice day out. Yes there was a Hamish Robertson running about in a 4 x 4 and getting keys and sockets etc to repair the slipping clutch on the IH TD9.

Great pics Bill  :D :D :D there are some Track Marshalls in some of the early pics, one looks like a TM70 and the other a TM 100 or similar, seeing as I am a fan of the TM range have you any more of them  :-\ :-\ :-\

ta

robbo

I'm afraid that all the shots I have of the Marshall's Mike and that looked to be all they had around the farm. If I'm back though I'll try and get better shots. I understand they also run a quarry business and run some of the monster type of dump trucks.