SCOTTISH VINTAGE TRACTOR & ENGINE CLUB RALLY SCONE PALACE 13/14 SEPT 2008

BC

Well Bill... some great pics.. many thanks for posting..

now then.. the Allis Beachmaster... what a Beautiful looking machine  :o :o - I've never seen or heard of it before... can you tell us some more about it if possible buddy ???

Well Mark the Allis Beachmaster... when I was at Lanark last weekend I spoke to George Wiesner form Ayr who used to own this tractor. It was owned and used by the Sefton Borough Council in Southport who used it on the beach for cleaning purposes. It hauled a large sledge type of thing which had an elavator type of attatchment like a "tattie digger" and it lifted alll the cans and rubbish off the beach and deposited into a tank on the sledge and of course the clean sand fell through the elevator. Quite amazing really.

1492008019.jpg

Thanks Bill... that's most interesting... I'd love to see a picture of that in operation  :o

So... are we right to assume that Allis made the whole unit.... including the implement ???

Yes it would be nice to see a picture of the operation... I'll bet someone somewhere has a picture ;) ;)

My gosh Mark you don't half ask me difficult questions..... ;D ;D.... I would suspect the "scraper" or what the implement was called was not made by AC but I will ask George the next time I see him.... could be next year though... so watch this space ;D ;D

Look at all the County's :-*:-*

And the restored Senator 70 :-*:-* - pity he forgot to put on the guard properly :D :D

There was a poorer turn out of County's than normal Colm probably on the basis that you need artics to shift these beast around. If you want to see County's in action see my post on the working day near Inverness

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=23839.0