SCOTTISH NATIONAL TRACTOR SHOW LANARK 27 / 28 SEPTEMBER 2008

BC

The Scottish National Tractor show will be held at Lanark on the weekend of 27 / 28 September 2008. There will be a sale on the Saturday and on the Sunday in addition to tractors there will be a vintage commercial and van show too. The bulk of the tractor exhibits are inside the agricultural mart buildings. there is usually a good turnout of traders. I see G&M farm models will be coming along and no doubt the Old 20 parts company and Stephen Moat selling his books and DVDs etc. I need to think about getting accommodation booked as I'm planning going down for the weekend since it will be the last show of the season for me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Got the vehicle entry forms in yesterday for this one. Can't make up my mind if I'll enter the MG2 or not... I'm certainly not hauling a nash down with me. Never mind got the accomodation booked today so looking forward to the long weekend as I'll have the Monday off too.

In fact it should even be a bigger and better show this year since they have introduced a commercial vehicle section too but thats just for the Sunday... heaven knows why not Saturday as well.

Bill it is actually one show I am home for, I may try and get down to it but September is a bit in the air at the moment

It is really a good show Rob and this will be the fourth year I have been to it if i recall correctly. Mostly indoors so no need to worry about rain.The Saturday auction is outside but it was brilliant weather last year. Graham and Michelle of G&M models will be their as will no doubt Ann and Brian Holmes and possibly Pictoy. There are a lot of good dealers for the vintage tractor boys too including The Old 20 parts company. There is a rather nice cafeteria on site which has good food and is reasonably priced. I thoroughly recommend this show and is on a good location and easy accessible. Oh and usually a good display of people with models and layouts as well. i hope i have been able to get Iain from Lanark ( aka Toolbox Tam ) to take a table and show us some of his creations and modifications in the flesh ;D ;D

In fact it should even be a bigger and better show this year since they have introduced a commercial vehicle section too but thats just for the Sunday... heaven knows why not Saturday as well.

I'm going to go just on the Saturday.  Was rather quiet on the Sunday last year.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going again this year - Staying over Saturday night then off to the show Sunday morning..

I'll be there both days and staying at a farmhouse B&B closeby on Saturday. I'll drop you a PM nearer the time.

Sorry to disappoint Bill , but it wont happen this year , not organised enough , I seriously considered it though  + on downside it falls on weekend I am rostered to work ..

Maybe Lakeland , I might give it a try  ;)

Shame about that Iain another time perhaps

I have been reading in a couple of the tractor magazines the Saturday sale is to feature quite a few Marshall tractors and there is one based on the VF crawler which looks like a railway engine. They plan to have it on railway tracks for the sale. Sounds interesting since these are few and far between. Apparantly thy didn't catch on because the "pom pom" bounce caused them to derail from the tracks ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is usually an excellent show JCB Bloke. Are you bringing your Roadless with log grab to display or sell ??? ??? If you are at the G&M stall let them know you are around... I'll probably be dropping in past there throughout the day on Sunday since they are usually just right at the front door as you come in.

Yes it is usually an excellent show JCB Bloke. Are you bringing your Roadless with log grab to display or sell ??? ??? If you are at the G&M stall let them know you are around... I'll probably be dropping in past there throughout the day on Sunday since they are usually just right at the front door as you come in.

Hi. yes we will let the people at the G & M stall know we are there, but the Roadless won't be  - it will probably be used in something of mine in the future. Hope we can meet up.

Went up to Lanark. Excellent show with many excellent stands and displays. Had a good chat to Harold, The Lancashire Lads on Tour and Andrew Anderson with his new display. Also had a nice talk with Michelle and Graham of G & M, and finally nice to meet you Bill (BC).

Looking forward to Spalding now next weekend!