Museum of Rural Life - Scotland 17/8/08

BGU

Well Kev I won't be going as it my local rally just 4 miles up the road from me that day. You should find Kittochside at East Kilbride an interesting place. Make sure you take a trip up to the farm and see through the farm house and also the herd of milking Ayrshire cows. On the museum its an oddly designed building and you may well think you are lost. Lots of intersting bits and pieces to see and make sure you get down to the vaults and see the combine shed too. Toytrac Scotland was held here in the Spring time for three years but ceased this year due to lack of public and traders.

Look out for the Glasgow 3 wheel tractor, I'll be pleased to supply you with a model kit of it. ;)

Talking of which there was one featured from abroad in this month's tractor and machinery magazine.

• 4 weeks later...

We didn't go to the event on the Sunday - don't know if it happened as it was so wet!! We did however visit the museum and i have to say I was really impressed!!

We asked to see the combine barn which contained lots of stuff, but I was unable to take any pictures in there, sorry. There was an old Caterpillar machine that needed 40 horses to pull it!!!!

Any way here are the pictures. Sorry some are not brilliant.

DSCN4897.jpg

DSCN4898.jpg

DSCN4900.jpg

DSCN4899.jpg