VINTAGE SALE AT FORFAR SATURDAY 16th AUGUST 2008

BC

Some great old tractors and I am surprised at how many failed to sell. I can only assume that the sellers put too high a reserve on but some of the prices seemed about spot on. I was particularly surprised at the Leyland 245 as that seemed to be a good price for what is effectively an MF 135 under the skin

robbo

Some great old tractors and I am surprised at how many failed to sell. I can only assume that the sellers put too high a reserve on but some of the prices seemed about spot on. I was particularly surprised at the Leyland 245 as that seemed to be a good price for what is effectively an MF 135 under the skin

robbo

Rumour has it Mike that quite a lot of the tractor inputs were from one person a dealer / scrapman so no doubt he had had silly money reserves on them. The Leyland 245 well it would have been a fool to pay that kinda money for that sort of tractor but me thinks the seller had the last bid them said he wasn't bidding ;) ;)

Crikey :o :o :o, that silver jubilee didn't go for much! they are normaly about around £13,000.

Well the tractor did not start wether it was just a flat battery or not I do not know so that may have spoilt the sale. There was quite a bit of cab and wing rot too so a bit of work was required on her.