cutting plasticard

toyboy

Question

can anyone tell me if you get special guillotines for cutting plasticard, i am looking for a repetitive type of devicethat will score the card enough to snap it and keep at the cuts square and true, also have had a look on ema supplies at some of the styrene cutting tools. has anyone on here got one and what one would you suggest, thanks for any advice you could give me guys

10 answers to this question

I use an Olfa P-Cutter.  Its a knife with a special v-shaped blade that scores a groove in the card and then you just bend and snap along the joint.  Originally developed for vynil flooring.  Costs about £8, blades last a long time.

you can buy a jig for cutting angles ben, aint cheap, but will cut plastic ect ok, for uprights ect, just a stanley knife on a handle with a protractor on the base for the angles

as for card, easiest way i know is a knife and metal ruler, otherwise a hot wire cutter but they aint cheap

You can buy a small cutter from DIY shops... I think it was designed to cut the plastic profile that goes around tiles.... Not sure who makes it... but it looks good.. takes a stanley blade.. will cut all sorts of angles as well... I'll get a pic of it for you

You can buy a small cutter from DIY shops... I think it was designed to cut the plastic profile that goes around tiles.... Not sure who makes it... but it looks good.. takes a stanley blade.. will cut all sorts of angles as well... I'll get a pic of it for you

got it yet?? ???:-\