Interesting article on 4wd's in UK

CX820Joe

Found this earlier, from Farmers Guardian about a couple of Farmers who are running bigger second hand 4wd's to save against depreciation on new models; Sounds as though the fields of the East Midlands could be an interesting place to visit!

http://www.farmersguardian.com/story.asp?sectioncode=28&storycode=17158

Found this earlier, from Farmers Guardian about a couple of Farmers who are running bigger second hand 4wd's to save against depreciation on new models; Sounds as though the fields of the East Midlands could be an interesting place to visit!

http://www.farmersguardian.com/story.asp?sectioncode=28&storycode=17158

That case artic will be this one then ::) ::);) Theres not much escapes me round the east midlands :D :D

DSCF1077.jpg

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1079.jpg

DSCF1195.jpg

DSCF1196.jpg

DSCF1197.jpg

makes pefrect sence really, pretty much what we did all those years back, the 1250 was only really used for ploughing and heavy cultivation work on  a few of the fields, so didnt really do that many hours each year, was very cost effective to run, parts cheap, and probally sold for nearly as much as they paid for it truth be known at the auction

Great photos Jamie, I'd love to see a beast like that at work round here!

The only 1200 I know of locally doesn't do that much work these days yet its still in pretty good nick; I don't know if it was bought second hand or from new; it certainly has a local registration, and has been at the same farm since the late 80's...wonder if they've always had it ???

Great photos Jamie, I'd love to see a beast like that at work round here!

The only 1200 I know of locally doesn't do that much work these days yet its still in pretty good nick; I don't know if it was bought second hand or from new; it certainly has a local registration, and has been at the same farm since the late 80's...wonder if they've always had it ???

very possible mate, we did, earnt its keep and some over the years ,for their gae they are great ploughing rigs even compaired to some of todays midlarge  size tractors, for a mid size farm it makes sence to buy a low hrs tractor like that instead of a big expensive thing for whats esencially a  once a year job