batcher

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many weeks is that now? :o

Been on and off like a fiddlers elbow since june but stayed on since the middle of oct so i recon with what i did back in the summer about 15 weeks  ::);D (last year started the end of sept thro till feb 1000hrs) so slightly more than last year plus six weeks till she comes off (hopefully  ;D)

what work are you doin around march to the end of april stevo ??? as i might be doing a bit of work with a contractor around that time for college and was wondering  :) is it mainly spreading muck march then little jobs in april  :-\

Should be busy with the elephant grass then planting,patch planting, and possably this year bailing it  ::) 

• 2 weeks later...

Got a welcome break from trimming for a day  ;D Puma 180 and spreader with the doors on to go and put a new surface on a race gallop  8) First load of the day was weighed before i left the yard tractor and spreader a healthy 14300 tons with load 20300 only six ton load  ::) normally recon 10-12 ton depending on muck .

loading with a 360 very slowly

gallop002.jpg

view out the back

gallop003.jpg

Was running in bottom gear no revs so pulling at 750 rpm  :o The aim was six ton over a 45 yard strip 4mtrs wide each strip was marked out with a walking measure covering the ground with about 2 inchs

view out the front got a bit tight when the rails leaned in a bit  ;D

gallop005.jpg

spreading the door was only open three foot

gallop006.jpg

What Bunnings do you use and would I have seen a McCormick with a Spearhead trimmer in Calne on Saturday belonging to you?

I asked today we have mrk 4s ten tonners but will check at the lamma show  ;D I know we get about trimming  but not that far yet we only run 2 bomford

I ask as there arn't a huge amount of McCormicks round my way but I guess he'd have been a long way from home to be yours :D

What year is a MK4 then? Look quite similar to Wessex's 14t that's all :)

We got that one last year ex demo. They do 10 12 14 18 tonners they look pretty much alike till you get up close  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Great pictures stevo, i bet the large glass door in the Case is great for hedgecutting, nice meeting at Lamma.

Thanks yes it's nice not having to look around a piller.Was too brief a meet really but after the hassle to get in that morning everything was such a rush .Better the day after but my head was thumping too much  ::) Still there is always next year  ;D

i was helping a contractor this summer on the silage /maize ...my main drives was a  case cvx170,mxu 135 and a cvx 160 they are all  good tractors ..  the cvx 160 has a good lock compared to the cvx170  but both same size .. the mxu135 is a hell of a beast it had power boost to 165hp that s gone now it had a hole in the air intake and sucked a load of dust and crap in and knackerd the enjin