vallence contractors

MJB1

if you regularly travell to plymouth on the A38 ,about 20miles from exeter on the righthand side some ways  you'll have seen a yard full of plant & farm machinery near liverton , south devon .

This is vallence contractors , & the fact their yard is by the side of the A38 is all i know about them , at the moment they have 3-4 black fendt 718's / 820's ?

so i have looked up their site & they offer a lot of services .

have we got any members down that way, that maybe see them about or use them ? pictures anyone ?

http://www.tvallance.co.uk/index.html

Some outfit there  :o :o

When I lived in Cornwall the local contractors were either Johnathan Coe who was based out near Greystone bridge he had all John Deere gear and the main silage contractor was windamere brothers who came from the horsebridge area.

• 1 month later...

Yes, Vallances are just off the dual carriageway at Liverton, just off Drumbridges roundabout, Bovey Tracey-Newton Abbot left-hand side coming from Plymouth toward Exeter.  They had a sale there a few years ago when they had big Ford tractors. They had the sale because the tractors and machinery was so rough that the dealers would not take anything in PX. The tractors and the machinery was literally 'hanging', tractors that were only a couple of years old were beat to death, tin work and cabs were bent all shapes, no glass in cabs, doors missing. Well, that's what you get when you employ 14 year old kids to drive them! Most of what was sold went to Ireland, the rest, the scrapman had.

Yes, Vallances are just off the dual carriageway at Liverton, just off Drumbridges roundabout, Bovey Tracey-Newton Abbot left-hand side coming from Plymouth toward Exeter.  They had a sale there a few years ago when they had big Ford tractors. They had the sale because the tractors and machinery was so rough that the dealers would not take anything in PX. The tractors and the machinery was literally 'hanging', tractors that were only a couple of years old were beat to death, tin work and cabs were bent all shapes, no glass in cabs, doors missing. Well, that's what you get when you employ 14 year old kids to drive them! Most of what was sold went to Ireland, the rest, the scrapman had.

aint seen any 14 year olds driving there kit yet mate, they are young but not that young :D :D :D :D

they seem to have gone nealry all fendt of late for tractors, ,well from what i saw last drive past(last sunday)

Sean.

They have changed their tractors and the drivers. The youngsters were costing them too much in down time and repairs. Their drivers are a bit better trained and educated now and a lot older.

Always wondered about that place 30 odd slews there sometimes when i used to go passed  :o :o

is a huge palce, not unusal to see new kit being unloaded when you go by, only place i know down this way with a technoa self propelled sprayer like uh made thats for sure, always new trailers being delivered  to although i do tend to see the same ones in masons to,5 mins up the road(jd dealer) and a lot of trailers i see like baillys marston and aw all seem to have there stickers on, so maybe they also rent space as a holding area for masons?

is a huge palce, not unusal to see new kit being unloaded when you go by, only place i know down this way with a technoa self propelled sprayer like uh made thats for sure, always new trailers being delivered  to although i do tend to see the same ones in masons to,5 mins up the road(jd dealer) and a lot of trailers i see like baillys marston and aw all seem to have there stickers on, so maybe they also rent space as a holding area for masons?

they are selling brand new tractors and machinery now too, so that might be why you see new stuff being unloaded. riverford were looking at buying a new tool carrier from them just as i was finishing work for the xmas madness that they have there. their rep gave us lot in the workshop all  vallence key rings . they didn't get the tool carrier in the end, didn't want a 4wd one wanted the 2wd one with the tooling between the front and rear wheels instead of out front on the 4wd one

Sean, are you going to pop along to the curtis sale at the end of the month?

Heard about that too mate, could be worth a day off. ... not in the market to buy though. I'm pestering some friends to go down and make a day of it. ;)